English Literature A2 Coursework Book Suggestions????

Watch
katieturner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So we're supposed to be starting our reading for A2 Eng-lit coursework and I'm really stuck for what books to choose, I was going to go with 1984 as I've looked at it previously but someone else has already picked it so I'm not allowed . I'm thinking now I'd like to possibly base my writing on a theme of feminism in literature but I can't seem to find the appropriate novels to compare, any suggestions suiting this or other title suggestions would be very welcomed x
blckggl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by katieturner)
So we're supposed to be starting our reading for A2 Eng-lit coursework and I'm really stuck for what books to choose, I was going to go with 1984 as I've looked at it previously but someone else has already picked it so I'm not allowed . I'm thinking now I'd like to possibly base my writing on a theme of feminism in literature but I can't seem to find the appropriate novels to compare, any suggestions suiting this or other title suggestions would be very welcomed x
Not to do with feminism but I did mine comparing American Psycho and The Picture of Dorian Gray. They were both really interesting books to write about and as far as I know no one else had done them! As for feminism in literature a few books to think about could be The Handmaid's Tale, A Room of One's Own, The Bell Jar, The Color Purple and The Bloody Chamber. Have a look on google and maybe ask around teachers at your school for suggestions (sociology teacher if you have one!)
A.d5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blckggl)
Not to do with feminism but I did mine comparing American Psycho and The Picture of Dorian Gray. They were both really interesting books to write about and as far as I know no one else had done them! As for feminism in literature a few books to think about could be The Handmaid's Tale, A Room of One's Own, The Bell Jar, The Color Purple and The Bloody Chamber. Have a look on google and maybe ask around teachers at your school for suggestions (sociology teacher if you have one!)
hi, what exactly did you focus on when comparing American pyscho and dorian gray ? im thinking of exploring the theme or narcissism
ohemaax
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently choosing books to compare with for my English coursework too. Here are some books that relate to feminism in literature: the yellow wallpaper ( could compare that to the bell jar), Wide Sargasso Sea, The Colour purple and In A Doll's House. Do you mind me asking what your exam board is?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
23.23%
Excited but a bit nervous (137)
44.19%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.94%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.65%

Watched Threads