username2379539
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying an A level in biology but not chemistry as I found chemistry too difficult so dropped it halfway through year 12. I need a 1st or 2:1 to get into graduate entry medicine so which would I find easier to study. I'm also doing A levels in psychology and english language.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rameen1)
I'm studying an A level in biology but not chemistry as I found chemistry too difficult so dropped it halfway through year 12. I need a 1st or 2:1 to get into graduate entry medicine so which would I find easier to study. I'm also doing A levels in psychology and english language.
What you find easier to study is different may be different to other people... besides many biomedical sciences and neuroscience courses require double science as a prerequisite (Psychology doesn't count) so I would check that before making a course choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2379539
Rep:
?
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
What you find easier to study is different... besides many biomedical sciences and neuroscience courses require double science as a prerequisite (Psychology doesn't count) so I would check that before making a course choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've already checked, there are many unis that accept psychology as a science A level
wolfmoon88
Report 4 years ago
I've already checked, there are many unis that accept psychology as a science A level
Ok fair enough. Both courses are fundamentally different and focus on different things. A lot of the times, a course's difficulty may be determined by your interest in said course. I would suggest looking at the course descriptions and see which course you are more interested in from the universities you want to apply to before deciding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which you will find easier? They are both subjects which require much more than just biology and to do well in them you're going to have to work hard. You're also probably going to have to take some sort of chemistry based module.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2379539
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
Which you will find easier? They are both subjects which require much more than just biology and to do well in them you're going to have to work hard. You're also probably going to have to take some sort of chemistry based module.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest I'd rather study neuroscience but I feel that if I had a degree in biomedical science I'd find graduate entry medicine easier.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
wolfmoon88
Report 4 years ago
To be honest I'd rather study neuroscience but I feel that if I had a degree in biomedical science I'd find graduate entry medicine easier.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Then study neuroscience, it's a relevant degree and if you do well you can do graduate entry medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
If you'd rather study neuroscience, study neuroscience. Some GEM offering universities are starting to lean towards applicants having to have studied a biosciences type degree. Fairly certain neuroscience counts as that I believe. Well it's at least a life science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.34%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.42%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.82%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.41%

Watched Threads