Have your say: I got dumped over the exam period - what can I do about it?

Watch
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our I got dumped over the exam period - what can I do about it? article.

Read the full I got dumped over the exam period - what can I do about it? article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Special thanks to Fermion, phantomofthedawn, rachelxj and alextheowl for your contributions
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Here's where you can post a comment about our I got dumped over the exam period - what can I do about it? article.

Read the full I got dumped over the exam period - what can I do about it? article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Concentrate on your exams. That person was never guranteed to be in your life forever, but your academic record will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tourboijosh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)

Realationship come and go but grades don't exams are more important than you relationships
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
schools and the examination authorities need to work together on this issue. for far too long it has been brushed under the carpet; now it cannot be ignored any longer. Mr Corbyn has championed the rights of young people on many issues; he should step forward to tackle this growing problem which is blighting the lives and jeopardising the future prospects of so many of our youngsters.
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doesn't seem like a problem I will ever have seeing as I will probably never be able to get into a relationship. But it doesn't sound like it absolutely sucks. If I ever had a break up I wouldn't be able to live with myself, let alone over the exam period.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
Forget about the person and pretend they never existed. When exams are done drop them a cheeky text asking if they fancy a meet up and pick up from where u left off with a significantly higher libido!
Amefish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
And this, ladies and gents, is why I isolate myself during the exam period. I got 99 problems but a boy ain't one
HeyItzNick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well I dont need that D, id rather have that V XD
Luke7456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
schools and the examination authorities need to work together on this issue. for far too long it has been brushed under the carpet; now it cannot be ignored any longer. Mr Corbyn has championed the rights of young people on many issues; he should step forward to tackle this growing problem which is blighting the lives and jeopardising the future prospects of so many of our youngsters.
I think Corbyn should do what he has been doing every time anything goes wrong.
Terrorists on streets police respond within 12 minutes or whatever it was Blame May we need more police to cover every inch of our country. plus we should be negotiating with these people and shunning america that is a sure great way to secure security.

Note when Us Bombers are overhead and Corby is the prime Minister its Mays fault somehow.

Fire happens even though government is not connected and it should be company been sued Blame May its Mays fault.

So why not blame May again because girl broke up with guy or guy broke up with girl during exam period if we had spent more of the infinite magic money which grows on the magic money tree like Corbyn would do we could have relationship counselors in every school.
dancing sloth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone who dumps you during an exam period isn't worth having.
Thank of the problems they would give you later in life.:unimpressed:

Mind you.
Easy to say....:cry:
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aw thank you for mentioning me. I think you tagged another user though as my username has a full stop at the end. Fox Corner
Fox Corner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
Aw thank you for mentioning me. I think you tagged another user though as my username has a full stop at the end. Fox Corner
Whoops! Sorry. Great advice though :yy:
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two years just as exams started actually due to him being unfaithful - however not having him there when I've been really stressed along with the hurt and pain he put me through has really not allowed me to concentrate and revise. I really think this has had an impact on my grades and I have some what given up because I feel so **** about myself and life. I'm scared about my results now and know I can do nothing about it.
I always said I would never let a boy come between my academic life but it defiantly has and everything just came along at the wrong time and due to our realationship being so full on (I basically lived with him) finding it easy to forget about him and focus on a levels has been impossible.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did they leak that they were dumping you?
tazarooni89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would just say focus on your studies and revision even more, channel all your stress and frustration into it because it'll help you take your mind off the break-up.

When a break-up or any similar event happens, I think the best thing to do is keep yourself busy, rather than sit around resting or doing nothing because your mind will end up dwelling on it even more. The amount of brainpower you spend analysing the reasons for a break-up are of no consequence, but focus it on your exams and it'll set you up for life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (48)
16.11%
I'm not sure (8)
2.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (102)
34.23%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.34%
I'm not a current university student (136)
45.64%

Watched Threads