The Student Room Group

Unofficial mark scheme a2 physics ocr a 15/06/2017

Can anyone remember any answers
Original post by marshmellow:)

I believe the efficiency in the first question was 75%

The Ratio of the speeds was 40.

For the 6 marker on the Pendulum i drew the pendulum, had a clamp stand as a reference point. Used an Ipad with freeze Frame Capabilities. metre ruler, micrometer,

Said how to measure out 5 different lengths of string using metre ruler, said use micrometre to ensure their radius, hence area remained constant. ensure wire is stretched out, but no extention takes place when measuring length.Use clamp stand as a reference point to show a complete oscillation. use Ipad to record 10 oscillations, then calculate period of one oscillation, square it, and have a graph of T^2 vs r. gradient should be straight line through the origin eaqual to 4pi^2/g.

Definition of internal energy was kinetic + potential energy of all molecules within a system

Vg = -GM/r

Prove T^2=(4pi^2/g)L from a=-(g/L)x

a=-w^2 multiplied by A A=Amplitude-I also presumed this was equivalent to max displacement, x
w=2pi/T
w^2= 4pi^2/T^2
-xg/L=-x4pi^2/T^2
g/L=4pi^2/T^2
T^2=(4pi^2) multipliped by (L/g)

Reason we use the pound per sqaure inch was becuase we have a larger range or smaller divisions, something on those lines, cant remember exactly now.

error was +-3
Reply 4
For the six marker on absolute zero i wrote about either extending graph and finding the x-interception as absolute zero (-273.15 degrees C) or by finding the equation of the line of best fit and subbing in y=0 to get the x value. I didn't but I think you needed to mention the laws of an ideal gas.
What did you guys
What did you guys write about in the question about mercury and Pluto
Original post by AliMoh4med
What did you guys write about in the question about mercury and Pluto

It was something on the lines of Mercury being so close, so intensity is high, therefore, particles gain enough energy to reach escape velocity on Mercury. and opposite for Pluto i believe as its colder and further away.
Please Answer my survey, so we can have an idea for papers 2 and 3 of how well we now need to do.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4785146
Reply 9
Anyone have a rough idea on grade boundaries?
Most people have said it was a fairly straightforward paper.
Original post by San Jay?
Anyone have a rough idea on grade boundaries?
Most people have said it was a fairly straightforward paper.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4785146

Have a look at what it seems like it will be for an A
Reply 11
Sum of random KE and PE

Quick Reply

Latest