The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Move in day

Hi all :smile:

Could any current or past Keele students give me the heads up as to whether early move in dates for halls are ever granted, like a day or two, or if that is more of an exceptional circumstances kind of arrangement?

Also, if this isn't possible, what is the parking situation on move in day? Is it a free for all where you can park outside your hall, or do you have to park in the nearest pay and display on campus and trek from there?

Thanks in advance for any info or tips!
Original post by keelepsych
Hi all :smile:

Could any current or past Keele students give me the heads up as to whether early move in dates for halls are ever granted, like a day or two, or if that is more of an exceptional circumstances kind of arrangement?

Also, if this isn't possible, what is the parking situation on move in day? Is it a free for all where you can park outside your hall, or do you have to park in the nearest pay and display on campus and trek from there?

Thanks in advance for any info or tips!

Hello :smile:

Yes! When I arrived at Keele last September for my first year, I was given permission to move in one day before the official move in date. If you would like to move in slightly early then you need to email the accommodation team and explain that you want to move in a day or two early (and why), and they should hopefully allow you to :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
I'd been going to ask this too :redface: so glad it might be possible. I think international students generally go a few days before anyway so was hoping that it wouldn't be too much of an issue. Going to bring it up in my DSA assessment next week if I remember and hopefully it can go in with my other accommodation stuff in there :redface:

Also :wavey: also starting Keele psych in september- PM me if you want!
Reply 3
Yes they will probably allow you to

On move-in day there is generally a lot of cars everywhere and staff at main reception and halls telling you where to park, but because it's so busy they generally want you to unpack and move the car so other people can move in!
Reply 4
Thanks for the input guys, I will email the accomodation team once I get my offer from them :smile:
Reply 5
And look forward to seeing you there in September furryface!

Quick Reply

Latest