The Student Room Group

This years GCSEs

I don't know about you guys but I feel like I'm heartbroken by all these tragic events that have happened in 2017: London and Manchester terrorist attacks as well as the Fire in London just recently. It is affecting my ability to revise Coz all I want to do is cry and hide under my covers away from all this sad news about deaths Coz it hurts. And I don't think the government understand that when they pile on these exams give us such high grade boundaries when we've still yet to cope with the trauma of world events. It's hard to carry on with normal life when so much **** is happening. And AQA f***** us all in almost everything. My little rant !!😭😭
Sad as they are, you have to carry on.
To be fair, the exam boards have been very helpful to those who were affected by these tragedies, offering re-take opportunities and special consideration for all the events you have named
Original post by Hannah.10
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I'm heartbroken by all these tragic events that have happened in 2017: London and Manchester terrorist attacks as well as the Fire in London just recently. It is affecting my ability to revise Coz all I want to do is cry and hide under my covers away from all this sad news about deaths Coz it hurts. And I don't think the government understand that when they pile on these exams give us such high grade boundaries when we've still yet to cope with the trauma of world events. It's hard to carry on with normal life when so much **** is happening. And AQA f***** us all in almost everything. My little rant !!😭😭

This might sound harsh: but that's the real world. Death and terrorism are both realities of life. While we may be saddened, there is no point weeping over it. We simply have to move on.

If you have severe emotional trauma, then I would urge you to seek help. Being unable to resume with everyday life is not a typical reaction to these events and I would say it's cause for some concern. Stay safe :smile:
Imagine having to fast through exams as well. That's the way life is. Might as well learn early.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
This might sound harsh: but that's the real world. Death and terrorism are both realities of life. While we may be saddened, there is no point weeping over it. We simply have to move on.

If you have severe emotional trauma, then I would urge you to seek help. Being unable to resume with everyday life is not a typical reaction to these events and I would say it's cause for some concern. Stay safe :smile:

Thanks, I appreciate the support xxx
Relax, tell your parents what you think and enjoy some covfefe with the rest of the summer.
Ok, jokes aside, pray for them and then you will feel you have done something for them, and im sure that will make you feel better as it does for me :-)
Original post by Hannah.10
happening. And AQA f***** us all in almost everything

they sometimes take things way out of proportion
They're bad incidents but think about the refugees fleeing from their countries. The attacks in our country are exaggerated to the point as much importance as the attacks in Syria and other countries affected by war.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
These events are tragic and life changing for those involved but thousands of people die every day through violence and accidents, it's just that the majority of them don't get the same levels of news coverage because they aren't in England or only involve 1 or 2 people and so they don't affect you. It doesn't make them any less catastrophic for the people actually involved.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest