University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all,

With clearing fast approaching (it officially opens on the 5 July), we thought it would be helpful to put together a list of frequently asked questions.

You can find out even more about clearing on our website here including a step-by-step guide and how to prepare.

Don't forget, you can sign up for clearing alerts too so that you don't miss any info.

Feel free to ask us any questions you have or just discuss clearing using this thread.

There's lots of our current students here on TSR too, so hopefully they will share their clearing experience!

Thanks,
Heather

Q - When can I apply for accommodation?
A - As soon as you have an offer from the University you should apply for your accommodation if you would like to live on campus. The application process is carried out online.

We also offer guaranteed accommodation for clearing applicants as long as you apply by the deadline set - you can find out more info here.

Q - What is the status of my application? Why haven't I had a response?
A - There could be several reasons why you haven't heard back. We may not have received your qualifications or we may be waiting on a decision from our Admissions staff. You can call +44 (0)1707 284818 if you're worried.

Q - Can I change course?
A - If there is space on the course you would like to study and you have met the entry criteria, we can transfer your application. You'll need to email us at [email protected] with your full name, UCAS ID, date of birth and UCAS code of the course you would like to change to.

Q - Is my course available in clearing?
A - Use our course search tool to find courses available in Clearing. Once you have found the course for you, call us on the Clearing Hotline 0300 303 6300.

Q - I haven't had a chance to visit campus, do you have any open days?
A - Yes we are holding clearing open days on Saturday 19 August and Tuesday 22 August. You can book your place here. We also run campus tours if you can't make one of our open days.

Q - I've been offered a place through clearing, when will I receive my joining instructions?
A - We'll send you joining instructions with all the information you need to know about becoming a student at Hertfordshire. You will automatically receive these by email once you have accepted an unconditional firm offer with us. If you haven't received your joining instructions a few days after you accepted your unconditional firm offer, please email [email protected]

Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi All,

Just to let you know, we've got a very exciting event planned at Westfield Stratford this Wednesday!

We'll be there all day, with a chill out space offering clearing advice and giving out ice creams. There will also be loads of great prizes to be won!

Make sure you come along

Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi All,

Best of luck with your results today!

Our clearing hotline is open now: 0300 303 6300

If you want to know more about our courses in clearing, visit our website.

We've also got a special clearing live broadcast happening now, with interviews with current students and staff and loads of clearing advice. Watch on Facebook.

If you need any help, just let us know!

Thanks,
Heather
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (159)
58.24%
No they should not (84)
30.77%
Abstain (30)
10.99%

Watched Threads