The Student Room Group

Geography at Uni

Hello everybody,

I love geography and would love even more to do it at university, mainly a BSc. The universities I am looking to apply for would also like a science at A-Level, but unfortunately, I didn't do any. The school, however, have said that I can take chemistry next year, as I got a strong GCSE grade in that subject, as well as me showing a passion for that subject.

Would myself applying for a geography degree with an AS in Chemistry not be valid and mean I wouldn't get accepted, or would it not hinder me?

Thank you in advance and I hope everybody's exams are going well.
It wouldn't necessarily hinder you unless it affected your performance in your other subjects. As to whether it would help, that's a question for admissions tutors at your chosen unis so I recommend emailing them explaining your sitch! Also worth considering is applying to courses where you do both human and phys, which probably won't require/necessarily want sciences because there's a possibility you could go down a human pathway. Of course regardless of the course you're applying to, if your PS is all science-y and your subjects aren't, that's potentially something they might ask about in say an interview. But honestly, I think it largely comes down to meeting grades (and even then there's occasional leniency) rather than specific subjects?? That said don't take my word on this, the only person who can tell you for certain what's best is an admissions tutor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending