The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths help!!!

I got 24 in the first paper, 15 in the second and 29 in the third. Im exceptionally worried, could i still do a levels =(.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zahraaa7
I got 24 in the first paper, 15 in the second and 29 in the third. Im exceptionally worried, could i still do a levels =(.

Depends what A-level you want to do. I doubt you'd be able to do math related A-levels like Maths, Physics, Computer Science etc...

But you could probably do other A-levels depending on your other subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by Balkaran
Depends what A-level you want to do. I doubt you'd be able to do math related A-levels like Maths, Physics, Computer Science etc...

But you could probably do other A-levels depending on your other subjects.

I really wanted to biology!

If your biology grade or combined science is good then you can do it.
Just check with your school to make sure but I'm sure they'll let you.
Reply 5
68 is a grade 4-5 which is a C so thats alright

Hmm, for my sixth form, a 6 is needed in maths to do subjects like maths, biology, chemistry, physics, economics. But it could be different to you. Have you applied for college yet? Have you seen their prospectus? Do you know the entry requirements?
Reply 7
Thanks everyone- its just been messing with my head. I really want to throw out all my maths papers there's about 58. However if i fail i'll regret it.
Reply 8

check this out and comment https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4784662&p=72181976#post72181976
Reply 9
Original post by YourCaesar
Hmm, for my sixth form, a 6 is needed in maths to do subjects like maths, biology, chemistry, physics, economics. But it could be different to you. Have you applied for college yet? Have you seen their prospectus? Do you know the entry requirements?

If it was a grade 6 id be considering becoming a housewife:colone:.
Anyones to answer your questions i have applied to college and just for some background info i live in a quite average working class town where there's lower entry requirements for unis etc which is bonus. I do have their prospectus however it says you need a C. I don't understand if that means a low C which is a 4 or a high C which is a 5.
Reply 10

Quick Reply

Latest