Should I do Computer Science for A Level?

Watch
saffron.elise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm thinking of doing Computer Science for A level and I'm at the end of year 10 currently. I don't do Computer Science for GCSE but I want a job in the technology field, related to computing and would like to get an apprenticeship in that field after my A Levels. Do you guys think I should do it for A Level without any past experience?
YourCaesar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sure they'll teach your the basics of programming and computing at the start of A Level compsci.
I'm currently just finishing off my GCSE and have done CompSci as a GCSE, and am doing it for A Levels too.
Zentox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They start right from basics so if you're not experienced it doesn't matter at all. You could try learning to code briefly to help, but if you went in without any knowledge and worked hard you'd be fine
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by saffron.elise)
I don't do Computer Science for GCSE but I want a job in the technology field, related to computing and would like to get an apprenticeship in that field after my A Levels.
How do you know that's what you want to do, if you've never done any?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads