The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries for gcse 9-1 maths 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by qasim2345
I calculated 69-76 marks for myself, can someone verify what grade this would roughly be? Would really apprciate a reply.

I'd say 4 if you were lucky
Original post by SyedHB
Same I'd be absolutely gutted if I got a 5.

How did you find papers 1,2 and 3.
Reply 42
Original post by YourCaesar
Yeah, I go to a public school and my maths teacher said 40/80 was a 5. In the mocks, I got 48/240 and that was a scale 2. We have really high grade boundaries, and I think that they're doing it to make us strive for better marks.

What did your school predict for the other grades, besides 5?
Reply 43
What do you guys think 60-75/240 would be?
Reply 44
Original post by nignog
i can only hope 105 is enough for a 6. Did all my three papers and i think i got 108 ;(

omg i counted the exact same i badly need a 6
Reply 45
Original post by mali246
What do you guys think 60-75/240 would be?

defo 4 but maybe just maybe a 5
Reply 46
For our mocks, my school predicted that you would need to get a minimum of 72/80 to get a 9.From where I'm standing, the boundary for a 9 could be as high as 225 because ultimately it is only being awarded to the most able and far less candidates (it may be as little as 3000) will achieve it than would have got an A* last year. I think that we need to be conscious of the fact that Grade 9 is essentially a supergrade - it's going to be next to impossible to achieve.
Reply 47
Original post by daraf
For our mocks, my school predicted that you would need to get a minimum of 72/80 to get a 9.From where I'm standing, the boundary for a 9 could be as high as 225 because ultimately it is only being awarded to the most able and far less candidates (it may be as little as 3000) will achieve it than would have got an A* last year. I think that we need to be conscious of the fact that Grade 9 is essentially a supergrade - it's going to be next to impossible to achieve.

whats a 6 do you reckon
Original post by RohitAttri
whats a 6 do you reckon

I need a 6 and think I got around 107-120 marks. I'm hoping and expecting that the boundaries will be similar but slightly lower than the IGCSE boundaries, for which a 6 was 113
Reply 49
Original post by the_nshoesmith
I need a 6 and think I got around 107-120 marks. I'm hoping and expecting that the boundaries will be similar but slightly lower than the IGCSE boundaries, for which a 6 was 113

you will easily get a 6 lad, I've got 95-108 marks need a 6 badly
you will easily get a 6 lad, I've got 95-108 marks need a 6 badly

Hope so. 108 might just sneak in, not sure. Remember the method marks. Stay tuned to TSR on Wednesday, I'm sure the boundaries will be leaked pretty quickly...
Reply 51
Original post by the_nshoesmith
Hope so. 108 might just sneak in, not sure. Remember the method marks. Stay tuned to TSR on Wednesday, I'm sure the boundaries will be leaked pretty quickly...

yeah hopefully and what how?!?
yeah hopefully and what how?!?

Boundaries used to be released day before results day. This year they're released results day for some reason... Schools get the boundaries and results 12pm Wednesday. For a levels last week, the boundaries were leaked within 10 minutes of getting to schools on the Wednesday
Reply 53
Original post by NigNog
I can only hope 105 is enough for a 6. Did all my three papers and I think I got 108 ;(

omg same

Quick Reply

Latest