gcse edexcel american west 14 june 2017 exam Watch

zoe.biscuit
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey!

i haven't seen a thread on this, everyone seems to do another unit but for the edexcel american west history exam, how did it go? what questions did everyone do?
AmarRazaq
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I found revision for American West to be the most tedious out of the 3 I do (first one being medicine through time and the next one being surgery). However, I was lucky to find the exam quite straight forward. I wrote about the coming of the railroads, the question on homesteaders and the question on development of Salt Lake city. Was expecting more difficult questions to come up, but they were very general and almost common sense.

Found this exam to be easier than the first (I screwed the first one up due to lack of revision). Hoping to do well in the next one!

How'd it go for you?
Tyson209
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bloody revised the indian wars inside out only for it not to come up at all!!!!
zoe.biscuit
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmarRazaq)
Honestly, I found revision for American West to be the most tedious out of the 3 I do (first one being medicine through time and the next one being surgery). However, I was lucky to find the exam quite straight forward. I wrote about the coming of the railroads, the question on homesteaders and the question on development of Salt Lake city. Was expecting more difficult questions to come up, but they were very general and almost common sense.

Found this exam to be easier than the first (I screwed the first one up due to lack of revision). Hoping to do well in the next one!

How'd it go for you?
I found medicine easy, especially the 16 marker. For american west it's definitely the most boring but also the easiest to pick up marks, and I agree, the whole exam was easy except for both 16 mark questions which were kinda obscure.

Overall pretty pleased with history!!
zoe.biscuit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tyson209)
bloody revised the indian wars inside out only for it not to come up at all!!!!
Same! Had no idea on the wars, i became an expert overnight and then nothing on it 🙄
SGA32
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone do the donner party question - what did everyone put for 16 marks??
zoe.biscuit
Rep:
?
(Original post by SGA32)
Did anyone do the donner party question - what did everyone put for 16 marks??
Yep! I did 7 paragraphs including a conclusion and mostly disagreed. I think i put other factors (weather), wild animals, hostile Indians' attacks and being unprepared, and also manifest destiny as it was the government's push to migrate.

For agree i put the splitting of the party, membership so arguing and having too many people for little supplies and the cannibalism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.14%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%