AQA literature 2017 Tragedy paper Watch

Mehroosa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did you guys find the paper? I thought the extract was a bit stupid but I liked that fact it was from Act three. Section B was okay, section C and the question on 'evoking pity' was the best.
wannabe_lawyer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Questions were alright, just didn't write nearly enough
Ervahy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Generally thought it was good but I messed up with the extract question! I linked it to later on in the play when Othello demands the handkerchief yet again which she fails to provide and therefore begins their tragic demise. I put in like once or twice this was in act four when it was in the same scene! Really hope I don't get marked down majorly! Iago's villainy was a really nice question and so was the evoking of pathos for section c!
Mehroosa
Rep:
?
(Original post by wannabe_lawyer)
Questions were alright, just didn't write nearly enough
All my conclusion were really rushed because I timed myself to spend exact 50 minutes on each question but in the end I had about 10 minutes and all three conclusions to write so I feel like I finished the essays on a weak point 😫but oh well, I hope I can get a B at least.
Mehroosa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ervahy)
Generally thought it was good but I messed up with the extract question! I linked it to later on in the play when Othello demands the handkerchief yet again which she fails to provide and therefore begins their tragic demise. I put in like once or twice this was in act four when it was in the same scene! Really hope I don't get marked down majorly! Iago's villainy was a really nice question and so was the evoking of pathos for section c!
I got so lost on the extract question, I didn't know how to link it to the wider play so I just linked the change in Othello's language and how he is keeping a facade by speaking in structure as we have already witnessed his downfall and then I mentioned how it reflected his control over his words in front of Desdemona making his status great as a tragic hero. I forgot to mention the climax, handkerchief and Cassio's bit from the extract though 😓 Didn't have enough time to cover everything, had to move on so yea.
I didn't do the Iago's villainy one cos I wasn't quite confident on how I would create a thorough debate whereas the other one about his personal weakness vs his search in society was quite alright.
Ervahy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mehroosa)
I got so lost on the extract question, I didn't know how to link it to the wider play so I just linked the change in Othello's language and how he is keeping a facade by speaking in structure as we have already witnessed his downfall and then I mentioned how it reflected his control over his words in front of Desdemona making his status great as a tragic hero. I forgot to mention the climax, handkerchief and Cassio's bit from the extract though 😓 Didn't have enough time to cover everything, had to move on so yea.
I didn't do the Iago's villainy one cos I wasn't quite confident on how I would create a thorough debate whereas the other one about his personal weakness vs his search in society was quite alright.
If you related it to how Othello had changed that counts too!
Htariq101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi can anyone remeber the Othello question on the AS AQA paper 2017? as I have done all the other past paper questions. Thank you!!
joannacenart
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi what were the questions for Othello and what was the extract on
Ervahy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joannacenart)
hi what were the questions for Othello and what was the extract on
Sorry but I've got no idea, it was on a part in act three, maybe when Othello explains the importance of the handkerchief. Once again, not sure as this was ages ago!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads