Biochemistry to Chemistry? Watch

Jdc18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in year 13 and have an AAA offer for Biochemistry at Imperial as my first choice but I am thinking about changing to Chemistry. I think I can get A*A*A (in Maths, Chemistry and Biology respectively). With this in mind do you think I would be able to change course to BSc Chemistry on results day?
Firefly13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would email them before results day to ask. Biochemistry is in the Life Science department and (at least when I applied) didn't interview, while Chemistry is in the Chemistry department and does interview - which may make it harder to change between the courses.

If there are still spaces on the course and if they would be happy for you to swap over, you will probably need to attend an interview - it's better to let them know now so there is time to sort everything out. If you can't change then you could also ask about transferring to Chemistry after the first year.
Black Water
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jdc18)
I'm in year 13 and have an AAA offer for Biochemistry at Imperial as my first choice but I am thinking about changing to Chemistry. I think I can get A*A*A (in Maths, Chemistry and Biology respectively). With this in mind do you think I would be able to change course to BSc Chemistry on results day?
You'll have to contact and ask them. This is because the places at Chemistry could be full so it's a 50/50 chance of you moving to Chemistry. Only they can give you an accurate answer. It could also be harder to move considering the circumstance.
Jdc18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Cheers guys, I'll make sure to contact them.
longsightdon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1st Year chemist here. Friend of mine transferred from biochemistry to chemistry at the end of term 1. Might be cause our course might not have been full at that point. But there is hope.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads