AQA Sociology Paper 2 - Family and Beliefs

Watch
barns.styles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone know if that last essay was a question on SCIENCE or SECULARISATION?

I thought it was science but I framed it within the question and suggested religion can offer meaning to peoples lives where Science cannot.

I'm really stressing that I've failed that whole 20 mark Essay. The rest of the questions were tough too (apart from Functionalism - but that was clearly a bitter sweet compensator )
Samyouldenn_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Was on science
DavidJT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's fine! I recall the question asking something like does Science have a greater influence in peoples lives etc. I also wrote points that were in favour of religion saying that Science cannot provide meaning to peoples lives etc.
barns.styles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by davidjt)
that's fine! I recall the question asking something like does science have a greater influence in peoples lives etc. I also wrote points that were in favour of religion saying that science cannot provide meaning to peoples lives etc.
thank you!!
exams 17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I gave both sides how religion is still influential in how lives- secularisation, people believing without belonging, spiritual shopping, postmodern religion etc. Then talked about the influence of science- rationalisation and technological worldview, religious diversity and decline of sacred canopy, religious market theory. The impact of science- eradicating diseases, transforming how we live, work, learn, communicate etc. I also talked about how science is an open belief system and religion is closed. In my conclusion I addressed how both are influential in our lives. Is that okay??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.84%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.57%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (48)
18.68%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (54)
21.01%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
8.56%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.34%

Watched Threads