The Student Room Group

Homeschooling GCSE Study hours

For doing 5 GCSEs at home, how long do you recommend I study a week? Oxford Homeschooling recommends 10 hours (I'm taking two years to do them) but I can't help feeling that 2 hours a day is not very much at all. What do you guys think?
If it's just 5 GCSE's that leaves you plenty of time to do more! Average school days have 6 hours, so perhaps you could do 6-7 hours spread throughout the day?

Good luck with them!
Hi!
I'm homeschooling my GCSEs and I'm doing 7 subjects (Maths, English Language, Spanish, Chemistry, Biology, History and Geography). I'm also taking them over a course of 2 years. I am doing them through Wolsey Hall Oxford, and they recommend 150 hours of study time over the whole 2 years. I worked it out and have left time of revising and I do about 5-6 hours a day. I would recommend doing about 4-6 hours a day to make sure you're getting the most study time possible to prepare you for your exams.
Good luck and I hope this helps!
Original post by Rowanblu
Hi!
I'm homeschooling my GCSEs and I'm doing 7 subjects (Maths, English Language, Spanish, Chemistry, Biology, History and Geography). I'm also taking them over a course of 2 years. I am doing them through Wolsey Hall Oxford, and they recommend 150 hours of study time over the whole 2 years. I worked it out and have left time of revising and I do about 5-6 hours a day. I would recommend doing about 4-6 hours a day to make sure you're getting the most study time possible to prepare you for your exams.
Good luck and I hope this helps!

What your experience been with Wolsey Hall Oxford, is your tutor helpful and available when needed. would you recommend it to me

Quick Reply

Latest