Plymouth University or Exeter University

Watch this thread
sevean
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

Do I choose Exeter university but I'll have to do a course I have not chosen to do (Business and accounting or accounting or Finance as Economics is not available) or do I go to a less prestigious university like Plymouth and do Economics. It sounds like a good course but I am torn between the course I want to do and the uni I want to go to.

Any advice would be really appreciated
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sevean)
Hi,

Do I choose Exeter university but I'll have to do a course I have not chosen to do (Business and accounting or accounting or Finance as Economics is not available) or do I go to a less prestigious university like Plymouth and do Economics. It sounds like a good course but I am torn between the course I want to do and the uni I want to go to.

Exeter (biased but still it's reputation is far better for that subject area and is far more connected with employers in the career sectors linked to business etc). However, if you're academically interested in econ and you see yourself maybe doing a postgrad/PhD rather than getting say, a grad job, then maybe Plymouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Khanman123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Exeter cos Plymouth sucks ass
Going Back
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Based on what do you say it sucks ass?
Khanman123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Going Back)
Based on what do you say it sucks ass?
Location and rep.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Don't do a course you don't want to do.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Why just limit yourself to those two universities? If you have the grades for Exeter you could get into a good university elsewhere that does Economics.
Chlooooooe
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Im currently studying economics at plymouth and LOVE It
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

exeter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (14)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
6.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (9)
14.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
25.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
20.63%

Watched Threads