Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)

LOLOLOLOLOL i remember him, what a guy! HAHaHAHAHAHAHAHA oh thats funny,
    "how come the odds of you winning are a million to one?"

" ...er.........oh."

GENIUS
    CNS is now a cult icon of Durham! He regularly plays at various college bops and is generally considered a legend.
    There's been many a DSU meeting where I could think of nothing but ask for his autograph! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAS)
    the thing is that when ur not at uni people tend to regard trophying as theft
    True, all too true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_jas)
    CNS is now a cult icon of Durham! He regularly plays at various college bops and is generally considered a legend.
    There's been many a DSU meeting where I could think of nothing but ask for his autograph! :rolleyes:
    Is he still there now?

He must be going into his 9th or 10th year in durham now!

I was up in Durham over the summer when he appeared on TV. Myself, Andy Thompson, CNS, and a few others were all drinking in the Swan and Three. CNS ended up dancing on the table singing Great Balls of Fire at the top of his (drunken) voice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Is he still there now?

He must be going into his 9th or 10th year in durham now!

I was up in Durham over the summer when he appeared on TV. Myself, Andy Thompson, CNS, and a few others were all drinking in the Swan and Three. CNS ended up dancing on the table singing Great Balls of Fire at the top of his (drunken) voice
    I could be wrong, but as far as i know he's still not finished his PhD!

Did anyone manage to record the above incident?! I can just about picture CNS doing that, but the only times i 've been to the Swan and Three have been during the day and it's difficult to imagine anything remotely unusual happening there!

Did Andy join in? Could be handy for getting a bit of extra cash off our new Treasurer... :rolleyes: !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_jas)
    I could be wrong, but as far as i know he's still not finished his PhD!

Did anyone manage to record the above incident?! I can just about picture CNS doing that, but the only times i 've been to the Swan and Three have been during the day and it's difficult to imagine anything remotely unusual happening there!

Did Andy join in? Could be handy for getting a bit of extra cash off our new Treasurer... :rolleyes: !
    Nah, no evidence I'm afraid, and Andy remained surprisingly sensible.

It was even better when he was crooning to a drunk bald local, who looked as hard as anything. My mate Phill (you may know him if you're involved in DSU, he was Mens Officer) thought CNS was about to be beaten to a pulp, but then the local recognised who he was and started making song requests.

That was outside Bimbis, on Neville St, on a Friday Night.

ReputationRep:
    i think trophying all the ducks would be a good idea
    You'd have to make sure they were 'regular' ducks though...

*Quack*

ReputationRep:
    well with my womble nose i shouldn't have much difficulty in sniffing them out

*potters off in search of some litter*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    You'd have to make sure they were 'regular' ducks though...

*Quack*
    One eats bread, is fairly placid and is normally green/brown coloured

The other eats humans & wombles, attacks at will, and is on fire.

They are normally fairly easy to distinguish between

*Quack*

ReputationRep:
    One eats bread, is fairly placid and is normally green/brown coloured

The other eats humans & wombles, attacks at will, and is on fire.

They are normally fairly easy to distinguish between

*Quack*
    is on fire...hope they don't singe my fur

ReputationRep:
    is on fire...hope they don't singe my fur
    U changed ur pic, i dont like it now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    U changed ur pic, i dont like it now :rolleyes:
    are u not a fan of harry potter? i tried to find a womble one but there weren't ne. the prob is on here u can only have one 50 x 50 which isn't very big
    the other one was okay but i thought it made me look a bit of a ***** and the problem was some people actually thought it was a pic of me and not just the girl from american beauty...oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Trophying is a wonderful institution...our best job last year was the Grey Xmas tree...actually I'm not sure where that got to in the end but it was all caught on CCTV!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekha85)
    Trophying is a wonderful institution...our best job last year was the Grey Xmas tree...actually I'm not sure where that got to in the end but it was all caught on CCTV!!
    pretty impressive!

ReputationRep:
    are u not a fan of harry potter? i tried to find a womble one but there weren't ne. the prob is on here u can only have one 50 x 50 which isn't very big
    the other one was okay but i thought it made me look a bit of a ***** and the problem was some people actually thought it was a pic of me and not just the girl from american beauty...oh dear
    Ok, no i'm not a big fan of harry potter what bout this pic..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Ok, no i'm not a big fan of harry potter what bout this pic..
    what is it? i can't make out the image
    is it dumbledore...just a guess as there is so much white it looks like a beard

ReputationRep:
    what is it? i can't make out the image
    is it dumbledore...just a guess as there is so much white it looks like a beard
    i dunno who, i just found a random womble pic and resized it

ReputationRep:
    i dunno who, i just found a random womble pic and resized it
    oh it's a womble. i thought it was the headmaster of hogwarts, dumbledore. he's the wizard with the massive white beard

ReputationRep:
    the prob is on here u can only have one 50 x 50 which isn't very big
    Off topic again but you can easily re-size any jpg down to the correct size with recent versions of Windows. If you have any problems, I could resize a pic for you, as could valen or a few others I am sure.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic again but you can easily re-size any jpg down to the correct size with recent versions of Windows. If you have any problems, I could resize a pic for you, as could valen or a few others I am sure.
    ok, let's be good and get back to topic. i think we should all try and trophy something by the end of october...ne ideas?

ReputationRep:
    ok, let's be good and get back to topic. i think we should all try and trophy something by the end of october...ne ideas?
    Plenty, but they would need careful preparation, and some money

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 24, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.