The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
seriuosly though, we should all go about trophying something together from one of the colleges. something big. something famous. something daring. with our combined expertise we should be able to defeat anyone
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
Oh dear... I think im gonna have an interesting time at Durham! :eek:
Reply 62
AliceAS
seriuosly though, we should all go about trophying something together from one of the colleges. something big. something famous. something daring. with our combined expertise we should be able to defeat anyone

But who would keep it we're goin to differnt colleges
Reply 63
cobra01977
But who would keep it we're goin to differnt colleges

Whatever is trophied would need returning, so it doesn't really matter that much
Reply 64
dave134
Whatever is trophied would need returning, so it doesn't really matter that much

In that case trophying you has all the advantages, you can return urself!
Reply 65
AliceAS
can any one explain to me exactly what trophying is. i understand it to mean nicking college stuff and the bigger and more prestigious the better...is that right?

what do u lot think the optimum trophy would be?

alice x

trohphying is basically liberating something, usually from another college, but we trophied a shopping trolley from outside safeway, anda few hubcaps, roadcones and roadsigns. Our best trophy? We got three freshers from Grey on the open day, and a banner from marys', and one of my housemates got a bit of castle wall, we also got a Hatfield room key but that's a story for another day...
Reply 66
Who were the freshers? I want to mock them!
Reply 67
manic_jas
Who were the freshers? I want to mock them!

Three girls, I have forgotten their names, they were cool though, we took them to hound, because the grey bop thing they have is shit.
My two best trophies are thus:

The Grey Messageboard that sits right in front of the porters lodge. Stole it, re-arrenged the letters slightly, returned it. Stealth-action at its best.

The ultimate one was the large hot food trolley from Van Milderts MCR dining all. Unfortunately we got 'caught in posession' and my room mate got banned for a year. We went back for a pint a week later and no-one said anything, mind.
Reply 69
i feel the best possible trophy would be the big model women thing that currently stands on castle bar- anyone who managed to get that out without damage (to themselves or the model) would be doing very well indeed
d3021p
i feel the best possible trophy would be the big model women thing that currently stands on castle bar- anyone who managed to get that out without damage (to themselves or the model) would be doing very well indeed

Apparently she was originally a Trevs lass, brought back from a ski trip on the coach. Then the dirty buggers nickerd her.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but castle nicked her from somwhere and now have her chained up, which is bloody unsporting if you ask me. Theres also the guards on the door.

Collingwood rug story always makes me laugh.
morals_officer
Apparently she was originally a Trevs lass, brought back from a ski trip on the coach. Then the dirty buggers nickerd her.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but castle nicked her from somwhere and now have her chained up, which is bloody unsporting if you ask me. Theres also the guards on the door.

Collingwood rug story always makes me laugh.

Collingwood rug story? Pray, tell, gather round children, let morals_officer tell us the story...

Latest