The Student Room Group

I feel like I have failed

I had my English Literature paper today and I really messed it up. I had so much potential but I honestly know the best of my ability didnt come through. This is 40% of my overall English Literature grade and being fairly honest I think it would be lucky to be at a D standard. My coursework is high and I have another exam next week but I really wanted atleast a B. I'm starting to think I threw away my chances for university in September and its really getting me down:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by heag2345
I had my English Literature paper today and I really messed it up. I had so much potential but I honestly know the best of my ability didnt come through. This is 40% of my overall English Literature grade and being fairly honest I think it would be lucky to be at a D standard. My coursework is high and I have another exam next week but I really wanted atleast a B. I'm starting to think I threw away my chances for university in September and its really getting me down:frown:

A levels?

You have to focus on the exams in front of you. You might o better in others.
Assess what to do then, but you can always gap year and resit.
Reply 3
Original post by KNNY
A levels?

Yeahh
Reply 4
Yeahh

I've had a few rough exams too but you have to just forget about the ones you've done and just focus up on the upcoming ones. It's seriously not the end of the world if you do bad in a paper, always can resit if you have to.
Reply 5
Don't just think you have failed. Wait until results day to confirm it.

Ok sorry sorry, jokes aside, I think you will do fine, if the worst happens and you do fail, im sure that isnt the end of the road for whatever your future ambitions are.

All that you should focus on now is your next exam, the past is the past and worrying now will do you no good. You have a week till your next exam and spend it wisely :smile:

I know that this is hard and it might seem impossible to take your focus off your exam that did not go well, but you just have to try, if you keep dwelling on the past it can hinder your future exam by distracting you from revision. Just remember, try your best in the next one and just remember it is not the end if you miss the grade (but hopefully you wont)

Me and lots of other people at TSR will help you if we can, and we wish you the very best. Good luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
You have to focus on the exams in front of you. You might o better in others.
Assess what to do then, but you can always gap year and resit.

Awk I know but Its so frustrating knowing that if they had have given a slightly better question I know I had the potential to do well in the exam but the bad question really didn't give the opportunity to really show off my knowledge enough. I have been looking through peoples reactions on here and a lot of people seem to agree so I hope that the Grade boundaries will be a bit lower, especially as the first year of the spec.
Reply 7
Original post by Rarest
Don't just think you have failed. Wait until results day to make sure you have failed.

Ok sorry sorry, jokes aside, I think you will do fine, if the worst happens and you do fail, im sure that isnt the end of the road for whatever your future ambitions are.

All that you should focus on now is your next exam, the past is the past and worrying now will do you no good. You have a week till your next exam and spend it wisely :smile:

I know that this is hard and it might seem impossible to take your focus off your exam that did not go well, but you just have to try, if you keep dwelling on the past it can hinder your future exam by distracting you from revision. Just remember, try your best in the next one and just remember it is not the end if you miss the grade (but hopefully you wont)

Me and lots of other people at TSR will help you if we can, and we wish you the very best. Good luck.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! I think I'm just upset about the exam as most of my A Levels so far have been quite managable but I did struggle with this one knowing I had so much knowledge but wasnt very relevent to the question.

Hopefully the next one will not be as difficult, it is summer for me after that so I'll try to just keep looking forward and take it as it comes:smile:
Awk I know but Its so frustrating knowing that if they had have given a slightly better question I know I had the potential to do well in the exam but the bad question really didn't give the opportunity to really show off my knowledge enough. I have been looking through peoples reactions on here and a lot of people seem to agree so I hope that the Grade boundaries will be a bit lower, especially as the first year of the spec.

Every minute you spend on thinking about how unfair it is and what might have been is time you could be spending doing something more productive. Deal with the results after.

Quick Reply

Latest