The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are Pakistanis so patriotic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karl pilkington
If you look at the country it is a relatively new modern country. It is very backward and conservative and also quite a poor country. What does it really have going for it for people to be so proud of being from there?

Dear I respect your opinion. I'm not actually from Pakistan, I have been observant about the patriotism from my Pakistani friends. In my views, we all are some what patriotic about our identity. You can't just say that it's a poor and backward mindset country, as they are struggling with their own issues like terrorism, and instability over there. They are showing us a positive message that inspite of having such issues, the youth is yet optimistic about their country. I think that Pakistan has a lot of potential of becoming a very prosperous nation, but the youth must be ready for a change. It took Great Britain many hundreds of years to become a great nation. Pakistan is just a baby in comparison with the UK. Yes patriotism is good sometimes if it's not overtly imposed. I think that sometimes we do take patriotism to extreme levels. I am sorry my Pakistani friends, but be moderate :smile:.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by SmokingChains
uuugghhh grow up, times have changed no one cares about caste anymore

True it's BS :h:
I just like it cuz of that confusion:wink:
Original post by OGGUS
True it's BS :h:
I just like it cuz of that confusion:wink:

fair enough bro i guess
I think that's extremely disrespectful when you said "just look at pakistanis!"- your insulting all pakistanis by your opinion on a few. So if you could kindly calm your pale arse down it would be appreciated!:colondollar:
Original post by SmokingChains
i'm going to be completely truthful here, basically pakistani mothers who live in pakistan who have sons target pakistani women from england for their sons to marry in order for themselves to have a better life, the british pakistani women usually dont have a say cause they're mothers force them to marry these pakistani men. so they then get married and they call they're husbands over which are usually un educated and r most likely waste men who just sat on their asses back in pakistan 24/7, they come over and treat their wives like dirt and use them as slaves, they then usually become taxi drivers and majority of their money goes back to pakistan to their parents where they sit on their asses and just chill whilst we are grinding our asses off to get by. they then have 100 kids and get benefits and the money goes back to pakistan and the women is looking after the children and cleaning cooking + the other several jobs she has to do whilst the men are watching news. they take no active role in house hold duties and expect women to do everything. at the end all the money goes to there pakistani parents there is nothing left for the family that lives in the UK, the ones in pakistan r literally just chilling through life. the system is corrupt and money talks in the country as you can literally pay to get out of jail it has nothing going for it....

Luckily they have changed the rules so they have to earn over 28k to come over here.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
To be proud of coming from a country with such a high number of teenage pregnancies and binge drinking seems bizarre.

To be honest I don't know anyone who is a teenage mother or who binge drinks out of hundreds of people. It is also preferable to acid attacks and burning women, killing people for insulting the 'prophet'.
Original post by HAnwar
That's quite an ignorant post to make.
It has some great people, beautiful buildings and historical landmarks, stunning scenery in some places and our biryani is just amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

#biryaniteam
Nahh it's Afghans that are the worst when it comes to patriotism. I swear they all have AFG in their instagram and twitter bio
IDK, Pakistan is OK generally, but they should change their stance on religious minorities, especially their blasphemy law. I think Pakistanis born and living in the UK should be loyal to the UK, simple as that, IDK why they are patriotic to Pakistan...:s-smilie:
Original post by karl pilkington
Luckily they have changed the rules so they have to earn over 28k to come over here.

i thought it was 35k, anyway the higher it is the better it is.
Yes but you were talking about pakistani girls trying to **** them off.Evidence- "they all complain about the girls and alcohol and sex and drugs in the West hahah! Just look at Pakistan's! "
THIS SHOWS YOU insinuating JUST LOOK AT PAKISTAN'S GIRLS!. How am i putting words in your mouth!.
Original post by zahraaa7
Yes but you were talking about pakistani girls trying to **** them off.Evidence- "they all complain about the girls and alcohol and sex and drugs in the West hahah! Just look at Pakistan's! "
THIS SHOWS YOU insinuating JUST LOOK AT PAKISTAN'S GIRLS!. How am i putting words in your mouth!.

A lot that I met are culturally Muslim.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
A lot that I met are culturally Muslim.

I completely agree x
Reply 73
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Nahh it's Afghans that are the worst when it comes to patriotism. I swear they all have AFG in their instagram and twitter bio

:colonhash: but true lol
I apologise it seems that way and that i misjudged what you were saying.
well , I just HAVE to pity you because beauty is in the eye of the beholder . Pakistanis accept their country as how it is and they do not let their hope die . About you being irritated and all , dude don't go no, one is begging you to take your sorry ass to Pakistan.About us having no concept of time well you are sitting here and writing all that .Its easy to sit in a already developed country which wasn't even developed by you people but you are mocking a developing country just because of your pathetic point of viewAccording to 2017 statistics Pakistan is the Fastest growing MUSLIM economy in the world .And your last paragraph you seem well educated on it .

Latest

Trending

Trending