The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Confuse of Student Accommodation

Hi. I'm Intan from Indonesia. I'll be moving to Newcastle this September (2017) to continue my study at Northumbria University. I've booked one student accommodation (Nido Stepney Yard) that close to Northumbria University the City Campus (it took 17minutes walk), however, I just found out that my campus program will be at the Coach Lane campus, that took about 1-hour walk. Since I'm coming from abroad, I try my best to not use any transportation and depend on my feet to walk from my accommodation to the campus. However, the place is too far.

Therefore, I'd like to ask several questions:
1. Is there any student accommodation that located near to the Coach Lane campus? My preferences are as follows: ensuite bathroom, ensuite kitchen, study desk, bed, closet. Having a flat screen TV is a bonus! :biggrin:
2. In the meantime, I'd like to move from Nido Stepney Yard to Urban Study Jesmond (with so many considerations). However, I've paid my deposit for £516.25 (approximately 8-9 million in Indonesian rupiahs) and if I'm decided to move place, I'll forfeit my deposit. Therefore, to not waste the deposit, I'm asking whether there's one of you who'd like to replace me on the flat? The room that I chose is Grainger room (with balcony and ensuite bathroom), shared kitchen. The room located on the 3rd floor, apartment 7, room B.

Looking forward to the replies! :smile:
Therefore, I'd like to ask several questions:
1. Is there any student accommodation that located near to the Coach Lane campus? My preferences are as follows: ensuite bathroom, ensuite kitchen, study desk, bed, closet. Having a flatscreen TV is a bonus! :biggrin:
2. In the meantime, I'd like to move from Nido Stepney Yard to Urban Study Jesmond (with so much considerations). However, I've paid my deposit for £516.25 (approximately 8-9 millions in Indonesian rupiahs) and if I'm decided to move place, I'll forfeit my deposit. Therefore, to not waste the deposit, I'm asking whether there's one of you who'd like to replace me on the flat? The room that I chose is Grainger room (with balcony and ensuite bathroom), shared kitchen. The room located in 3rd floor, apartment 7, room B.

Looking forward to the replies! :smile:
Reply 1
Northumbria no longer offer any accommodation near coach lane, not sure about private companies though, email the accommodation office? However there is a bus from the city centre to coach lane that is free from certain stops if you decided to stay with your original accommodation. Here is the link with the free designated stops :smile: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/media/7759633/378484k_route-1-bus-stops.pdf
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Quick Reply

Latest