The Student Room Group

BTEC ICT or GCSE SPANISH

Hey guys I was wondering whether to pick GCSE spanish which I'm decent at or BTEC ICT level 2 which I'm good at?
If I pick BTEC ICT level 2 can I get into Cambridge/Oxford university?
Are Btec's better or worse than Gcse's ?
Would I get more out of Btec ICT or GCSE Spanish for future careers?
Reply 1
Even Oxbridge don't care that much what your GCSES are - just choose the one you enjoy, I suppose Spanish looks better but if you don't like it it's pointless.
Reply 2
Original post by kilner
Even Oxbridge don't care that much what your GCSES are - just choose the one you enjoy, I suppose Spanish looks better but if you don't like it it's pointless.

Thanks!
Original post by EliteX
Hey guys I was wondering whether to pick GCSE spanish which I'm decent at or BTEC ICT level 2 which I'm good at?
If I pick BTEC ICT level 2 can I get into Cambridge/Oxford university?
Are Btec's better or worse than Gcse's ?
Would I get more out of Btec ICT or GCSE Spanish for future careers?

BTECs generally are looked down upon against GCSEs but despite that any level 2 qualification is equivalent to a GCSE. Which subject you take depends entirely on what you are thinking of doing in the future, if you want to something related to ICT then the ICT qualification would obviously be better. I personally would say that the Spanish would be better as it is an exceptionally tough academic subject, whereas BTEC ICT is pressumably more practical based and less academic. It completely depends on you though.

Quick Reply

Latest