The Student Room Group

Head Girl

I need advice as to how I can be chosen for the Head Girl position!
You need to be approachable, be able to work well with others and listen to their ideas/viewpoints, it normally helps to be liked by the teachers as some head girl roles involve lots of work with senior leadership, be very organised and able to manage your time effectively. Confidence also helps a lot, as some head girl roles require you to do a lot of speaking in assemblies /at open evenings /school events. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by em_lj
You need to be approachable, be able to work well with others and listen to their ideas/viewpoints, it normally helps to be liked by the teachers as some head girl roles involve lots of work with senior leadership, be very organised and able to manage your time effectively. Confidence also helps a lot, as some head girl roles require you to do a lot of speaking in assemblies /at open evenings /school events. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank u very much for your advice, much appreciated!
I have given my application to the head of sixth form and am waiting to see if I will be shortlisted
Reply 3
Original post by em_lj

Yes I have already did a speech in front of my entire year on International women's day and took part in my local youth assembly where I along with other fellow youths debated on specific motions.
I dont know if Im liked by my teachers....
Original post by aspire.1a
Thank u very much for your advice, much appreciated!
I have given my application to the head of sixth form and am waiting to see if I will be shortlisted

No worries, applications start this week for us so I've gotta find out how we actually apply first :redface:
Yes I have already did a speech in front of my entire year on International women's day and took part in my local youth assembly where I along with other fellow youths debated on specific motions.
I dont know if Im liked by my teachers....

I wouldn't say being liked matters so much really, it's good that you've done that speech and debating as it shows you've got confidence and good communication skills
Reply 6
Original post by em_lj
I wouldn't say being liked matters so much really, it's good that you've done that speech and debating as it shows you've got confidence and good communication skills

True, thank u!!
I hope u get the role !
True, thank u!!
I hope u get the role !

Thanks, you too!
Reply 8
Original post by em_lj
Thanks, you too!

It all depends on the head of sixth form shortlisting my application

Quick Reply

Latest