Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

June 21st: How do you know when someone fancies you? Watch

Announcements
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    How do you know when someone fancies you?

The Surgery’s Summer of Sex series starts with a look at attraction and dating. We’ve got advice from Youtuber Hannah Witton and we want to hear from you.

What qualities do you find attractive?

What’s the best way to ask your crush out?

What’s the secret to a great first date?

Join Katie and Dr Radha on Radio 1 at 9pm on Wednesday 21st June for help and advice on getting that guy or girl.

Please note: you can post on this forum anonymously.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Attractive: good qualities, love of quizzing

Unattractive: bad qualities

Successful first date - don't do something boring that makes it awkward, e.g. Dining out or going to the cinema.

ReputationRep:
    Being sexual around you, want to talk to you, being awkward when your in the room, say awkward stuff, high emotional intelligence helps me a lottt, I'm gay but its normal for me to get almost all gay/bisexual people acting all flirty around me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ffs most of the time I'm so oblivious to someone flirting with me that my friends later say to me "he was flirting with you" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    When they send nudes

ReputationRep:
    When they want to run through a field of wheat with you

ReputationRep:
    Asking relationship advice from people on TSR is like asking a giraffe to fly. You won't get anywhere since no one has a clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)

The Surgery’s Summer of Sex series starts with a look at attraction and dating. We’ve got advice from Youtuber Hannah Witton and we want to hear from you.

Join Katie and Dr Radha on Radio 1 at 9pm on Wednesday 21st June for help and advice on getting that guy or girl.

well the fact that he always hung out with me and didn't get bored... also when he found a picture of me and my fave singer on fb, and my brother joked 'oh it's her boyfriend' and that clearly upset him because he replied with 'shall I just go home now'. also it was always easy meeting up with him because he lives really nearby, and we both have dogs that need walking in the local park
    he asked me out over facebook, just because we hadn't seen eachother in a while, also we were/are really awkward irl.
    secret to a great first date; just be yourself, it will be even more awkward if you're not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)

Well, I know when they don't fancy me. All I have to do is determine whether I am awake or not.

ReputationRep:

Similar sense of humour, maybe a little weird (because I sure as hell am), good moral compass, someone I feel comfortable to be myself around.

Just come out and do it, what's the worst that can happen? They say no thanks? pff

Don't do anything that'll put you in an awkward position, if you're not confident you can keep a conversation going, do something that's active, so the focus isn't entirely on yourself (as it would be if you went out for dinner).

Apparently when they put their arm around you, try to make jokes and taunt you...

But I am a very small person so it's quite easy to use me as an arm rest

ReputationRep:
    I drunk called my crush and thats how I told him!
    Spoiler:
    Show

the douchebag never replied and his group made fun of me every day for a year bc of it ffs Ive never witnessed such a prick in my life

ReputationRep:
    In my experience they tend to (males only)

-Talk about themselves a lot
    -Try and make you laugh
    -Try and talk to you a lot
    -Start grooming themselves if they see you and hold eye contact with you for a noticeably long time

(Obviously) ask you out

ReputationRep:
    Qualities :Physically I like extremely tall men on the nerdy spectrum. Glasses are a must. Mentally: Have to be interesting and funny. Even if they don't mean to be funny!

The best way to ask somebody out is in person. Even if the relationship doesn't work out you end up with a lovely memory of a nice moment. The best parts of life are made up of these moments. We're missing out on them if they're all done via snapchat.

Best first dates don't even look like dates. They're just people hanging out doing stuff they enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    1. That's easy. No sane person can possibly fancy me, so I can easily tell that noone ever fancies me.
    2. Not to humiliate me, or better yet, if someone gives me a break.
    3. Just being polite.
    4. Not to have one or if failing stay away from that dissapointing temptation, at least not to meet anyone with one of those agressive mental disorders, that leave wounds in minds of everyone around.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.