GCSE grades ?? Watch

Poll: Is it possible to get in to Cambridge law with these grades?
Yes (2)
100%
No (0)
0%
__gurlll1011__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,
I've just had my final gcse exam today and am waiting for my results in august. I'd really like to study law at Cambridge uni but I feel like I'll get rejected because of my grades. I've recently not been well and this has affected my gcse performance, I also have anxiety so I find it really difficult to actually sit exams. Anyway, the lowest I know I'll get is A*A*AABBBBBBB. Is this too low for Cambridge? I haven't done my a-levels but I'm going to knuckle down and dedicate the next two years to revision seriously!! I want to do history, sociology and English language for a-level just because I want to study law at Cambridge but then what if I don't even get in? Please help !!! Highly appreciated 🙂🙂🙂
KNNY
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by __gurlll1011__)
Hi guys,
I've just had my final gcse exam today and am waiting for my results in august. I'd really like to study law at Cambridge uni but I feel like I'll get rejected because of my grades. I've recently not been well and this has affected my gcse performance, I also have anxiety so I find it really difficult to actually sit exams. Anyway, the lowest I know I'll get is A*A*AABBBBBBB. Is this too low for Cambridge? I haven't done my a-levels but I'm going to knuckle down and dedicate the next two years to revision seriously!! I want to do history, sociology and English language for a-level just because I want to study law at Cambridge but then what if I don't even get in? Please help !!! Highly appreciated 🙂🙂🙂
I think GCSE's do matter a little bit although if you do really well in your AS, and therefore getting very strong prediction for your application, you should be fine. I didn't do anywhere near the best I could have during GCSE's but you can definitely turn it around during the 2 years of A-levels.
HeyItzNick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A levels are more important, jeez those results are a godsend im sure you will be fine, good luck
Roundaboot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys,
Depends on the school you got to. If results like that are common for your school, Cambridge will hold your grades in lower regard than someone who received the same grades, but came from a lower performing school.
Franki108
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
With those grades it is possible, however I think the average Cambridge student has higher GCSE grades than that. But you've probably done much better than you think!! People tend to underestimate their performance
Cambridge doesn't just look at your GCSE grades, their decision to offer you a place or not will be based on many other factors, including interviews, predicted A-level grades, your passion for the subject and whether they feel the university is right for you. They will also look at your performance at GCSE compared to the average for your school. In order to get into Cambridge you will need to achieve at least A*AA at A-level.
I think you can do it if you work really hard! I'm in year 12 and I want to go to Cambridge to study Natural Sciences :-)
Good Luck!
daraf
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys,
I also want to do law at uni and I had a look at the requirements for university law. At GCSE level there are no specific subjects which you are expected to study in order to do law. Of course subjects like history are strongly advisable and there are other facilitating subjects like english literature which will look good (though this is compulsory). So yes it is good to get As and A*s in these subjects if you are doing them because they make you display skills which you would be expected to exhibit when studying law. But as long as you get at least a few more A*s and As and maybe some Bs in subjects that you will not be assessed in later that should be fine. A-Levels are far more important though
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe ask an actual AT in their current thread (and note similar questions have already been answered) :
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4778102
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads