The Student Room Group

missing cat

Hi everyone my cat has just gone missing today shes not desexed or anything shes just turned one so i don't know if shes gone somewhere to get pregnant or have babies or if shes gone for an explore.So im justing wondering how long it would take for her to come back home desperately want her home.
Thanks XXXX
How long has she been gone for?
Original post by catlover12345
Hi everyone my cat has just gone missing today shes not desexed or anything shes just turned one so i don't know if shes gone somewhere to get pregnant or have babies or if shes gone for an explore.So im justing wondering how long it would take for her to come back home desperately want her home.
Thanks XXXX

Oh dear - I am sorry to hear this. Have you asked your neighbours if they've seen her? Have you looked in any sheds or outhouses etc to see if she's got stuck anywhere - you know how silly cats can be sometimes.
Original post by Reality Check
Oh dear - I am sorry to hear this. Have you asked your neighbours if they've seen her? Have you looked in any sheds or outhouses etc to see if she's got stuck anywhere - you know how silly cats can be sometimes.

Hi there yes i know how silly cats can be sometimes iv spent all night calling her and nothing so ill just wait for the morning to see what happens...
thanks so much for the reply.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
How long has she been gone for?

hi
I think this morning at like 6am
aprox 10 hours
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi there yes i know how silly cats can be sometimes iv spent all night calling her and nothing so ill just wait for the morning to see what happens...
thanks so much for the reply.

I'm sure that she'll come back soon.
Sympathies
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
I'm sure that she'll come back soon.
Sympathies

yee i hope so.
hi
I think this morning at like 6am
aprox 10 hours

Is this outside of her usual behaviour?

Is she definitely outside? Our old cat used to go missing for hours, turned out he'd found the ultimate cubby hole in our house and liked to hide there to get away from the dog for a while.
My cat did this once. We moved house when she was 8 months old. We didn't let her outside at first (she hadn't been outside at all in our old house either) and it got to about 3 months later when we opened the back door once and she ran out and down the garden. She was gone for a good 3-5 hours. The first time she had EVER been outside on her own in her life. I was hysterical, crying my eyes out that she would get lost because she has never been out before, that she would get hit by a car or someone would find her and think she was a stray and take her in. Luckily our other cat (her twin sister) was scared of the outside so she stayed with me in my upset state. She returned, like I said, a few hours later, not really understanding all the fuss that was going on. However, my cats were spayed so there was no chance of her trying to find a mate.

It sounds like it could be possible your cat wants to have babies. Has she been outdoors before? Does she spend time outdoors regularly? It is summer and nice and light and warm outside quite early on, so it is possible she has just found herself a nice sunny spot somewhere to sunbathe for a few hours. She will come home when she gets hungry or bored.

Also, check your home. I lost my other cat once and turns out she was just in the back of my wardrobe on a pile of clothes, sleeping there all day. Cats are really good at being completely silent, so have a good look around for her.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Is this outside of her usual behaviour?

Is she definitely outside? Our old cat used to go missing for hours, turned out he'd found the ultimate cubby hole in our house and liked to hide there to get away from the dog for a while.

hi
na she has to stay outside all day and she wasn't home when i got home from school so im not sure.She's run a way before and i got her back after months from the road down the road and now its happend again but it downt happen i love in town now.
Original post by DrawTheLine
My cat did this once. We moved house when she was 8 months old. We didn't let her outside at first (she hadn't been outside at all in our old house either) and it got to about 3 months later when we opened the back door once and she ran out and down the garden. She was gone for a good 3-5 hours. The first time she had EVER been outside on her own in her life. I was hysterical, crying my eyes out that she would get lost because she has never been out before, that she would get hit by a car or someone would find her and think she was a stray and take her in. Luckily our other cat (her twin sister) was scared of the outside so she stayed with me in my upset state. She returned, like I said, a few hours later, not really understanding all the fuss that was going on. However, my cats were spayed so there was no chance of her trying to find a mate.

It sounds like it could be possible your cat wants to have babies. Has she been outdoors before? Does she spend time outdoors regularly? It is summer and nice and light and warm outside quite early on, so it is possible she has just found herself a nice sunny spot somewhere to sunbathe for a few hours. She will come home when she gets hungry or bored.

Also, check your home. I lost my other cat once and turns out she was just in the back of my wardrobe on a pile of clothes, sleeping there all day. Cats are really good at being completely silent, so have a good look around for her.

Hi there yee i think she wants to have babies as well and i do the same when we move houses Iv checked all around home called and called.
hi
na she has to stay outside all day and she wasn't home when i got home from school so im not sure.She's run a way before and i got her back after months from the road down the road and now its happend again but it downt happen i love in town now.

You've checked the area she was previously found in?
I wouldn't worry cats are pretty good at looking after themselves.

One of my cats hasn't come home for the last 3 weeks. I see him around the estate and he pretends not to know me.
Cats tend to do that but they more than often turn up. You ought to go asking round the neighbourhood to find out if anyone has seen your cat.
Original post by Meany Pie
I wouldn't worry cats are pretty good at looking after themselves.

One of my cats hasn't come home for the last 3 weeks. I see him around the estate and he pretends not to know me.

yee haha thats pretty mean but atleast you know where it is
Original post by Captain Poldark
Cats tend to do that but they more than often turn up. You ought to go asking round the neighbourhood to find out if anyone has seen your cat.

yee thats next on the list
thanks
So sad reading all these messages of missing cats. My Tabitha uncharacteristically went missing from the garden on the evening of the 4th March, three weeks now. We have had her 20 years. Have checked all the areas she could have got lost in, roads, golf course, foxes lair, garages, sheds. Placed flyers on about 100 trees in the borough. Informed all the vets and cats protection agencies who report found cats. It's just so strange of Tabitha to do this. She is in constant medical care, to monitor her thyroid disease. Has a slight limp now too. Loves her baskets and laying by the fire. It is just such a strange thing for her to do. She lost a lot of weight a few momths ago but when she disappeared had just started to put on weight. She came to us as a stray 20 years ago, lived out til about 10 years ago. And now was an indoor cat but went out to do her business. Very odd. Julie Powell tel 07703558409

Quick Reply

Latest