Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heya i m gng to nottingham trent uni this september so i was wondering if there is anyone gng there and wld like a new friend. i have just moved to the uk and dont wana b lonely on my first day! i m male/18/black, hope to hear from someone.

laters
    i'm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Notts = Nottinghamshire

The correct abreviation for "Nottingham" is Nottm.

Chances of being left out in freshers week are slim unless you either want to be left alone or are a complete social recluse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Notts = Nottinghamshire

The correct spelling of abbreviation is with 2 b's, pedant.

ReputationRep:
    Notts = Nottinghamshire

Yeah but for those of us from Nottingham, we say Notts, so it doesn't matter how it is meant to be said, Notts is what us lot say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)

Yeah but for those of us from Nottingham, we say Notts, so it doesn't matter how it is meant to be said, Notts is what us lot say
    Despite my location I am actually from Nottingham.

It does matter how it is said! There is no such football team as Notts Forest and it annoys me no end when people refer to them as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    The correct spelling of abbreviation is with 2 b's, pedant.
    I was just thinking that it would be a good start if the guy knew the correct name of the institution that he is due to study at .

ReputationRep:
    Despite my location I am actually from Nottingham.

It does matter how it is said! There is no such football team as Notts Forest and it annoys me no end when people refer to them as such.
    Why be so pedantic when you went on to spell "abbreviated" wrong? That makes you look rather silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Why be so pedantic when you went on to spell "abbreviated" wrong? That makes you look rather silly.
    So what? I was simply trying to explain to the guy that Notts Trent is not the name of the institution. Calling Nottingham Nottinghamshire is like calling Hull uni Humberside uni and I don't want people thinking that I have anything to do with the last place I mention .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chicco-Q)
    heya i m gng to nottingham trent uni this september so i was wondering if there is anyone gng there and wld like a new friend. i have just moved to the uk and dont wana b lonely on my first day! i m male/18/black, hope to hear from someone.

laters
    i'm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seeing as the other posts haven't been too helpful...try posting in the Nottingham subforum. There's quite a few people there going to NTU in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Seeing as the other posts haven't been too helpful...try posting in the Nottingham subforum. There's quite a few <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people </a> there going to NTU in September
    thanks hey.
    and the mark fellow thanks, but u can use any of them hey. i've been in nottingham for some <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a> and any apply, thanks anyway

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.