Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Stressful family life Watch

ReputationRep:
    My father is very strict, he's been annoying me so much lately, and I feel bad saying this, but he expects me the moment I walk through the door to be adamant into starting the washing up immediately, and for example when I do finish he gives me another chore. He keeps insulting me all the time degrading me , calling me a baby you should know better?! When I answer back he gives me the glare and if looks could kill.... its so depressing. I fight the urge to roll my eyes, its so infuriating, I really am exhausted. I would appreciate any advice thank you.

ReputationRep:
    don't you have brother and sisters that he can also give chores to? so it's all fair and equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    don't you have brother and sisters that he can also give chores to? so it's all fair and equal.
    They are younger than me.
    sister 6
    sister baby
    brother 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adorable16)
    My father is very strict, he's been annoying me so much lately, and I feel bad saying this, but he expects me the moment I walk through the door to be adamant into starting the washing up immediately, and for example when I do finish he gives me another chore. He keeps insulting me all the time degrading me , calling me a baby you should know better?! When I answer back he gives me the glare and if looks could kill.... its so depressing. I fight the urge to roll my eyes, its so infuriating, I really am exhausted. I would appreciate any advice thank you.
    Are you asian?
    Sorry to hear that, just be yourself and don't change to please others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Are you asian?
    Sorry to hear that, just be yourself and don't change to please others.
    No I am not asian, I am half English
    Thank you I appreciate the advice so much

ReputationRep:
    No I am not asian, I am half English
    Thank you I appreciate the advice so much
    Oh okay since Asian parents tend to be like that. Even my parents if i say one thing to just defend myself i get shouted at and i'm 18 lol
    No worries, just ignore it. Maybe its out of love they be so harsh on us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Oh okay since Asian parents tend to be like that. Even my parents if i say one thing to just defend myself i get shouted at and i'm 18 lol
    Omg when I defend myself I get screamed at too!
    I sympathise with you
    Love eh? I don't know but thank you for the thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    I suppose I should make it clear I am a muslim though, that should clarify your assumptions

ReputationRep:
    Omg when I defend myself I get screamed at too!
    I sympathise with you
    Love eh? I don't know but thank you for the thought
    Lol sameee dw. Sometimes they ask me a question and when i reply i get in trouble
    Aw don't it doesn't bother me anymore lol
    Tough love :dontknow: Maybe they just want you to do well thats why they're harsh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Same I do NOT get along with my dad. And he's always in my business about everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Lol sameee dw. Sometimes they ask me a question and when i reply i get in trouble
    Aw don't it doesn't bother me anymore lol
    Tough love :dontknow: Maybe they just want you to do well thats why they're harsh.
    Yeah me too, sad times eh?
    Maybe, typical fathers haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too, sad times eh?
    Maybe, typical fathers haha
    Yeah just gotta live with it lol. Maybe you should explain it to him how you feel? How old are you?
    Aw ahaha i still love my parents lol

ReputationRep:
    They are younger than me.
    sister 6
    sister baby
    brother 2
    does your dad ever clean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Yeah just gotta live with it lol. Maybe you should explain it to him how you feel? How old are you?
    Aw ahaha i still love my parents lol
    17, when I explain how I feel the insults begin really I do love him deep down despite his harsh approach to what I should do

ReputationRep:
    does your dad ever clean?
    From time to time yes

ReputationRep:
    17, when I explain how I feel the insults begin really I do love him deep down despite his harsh approach to what I should do
    Oh, are you planning to move out to uni?
    Well, parents should never insult their children- being strict is one thing but insulting them is taking it too fat. Don't take it too heart!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Oh, are you planning to move out to uni?
    Well, parents should never insult their children- being strict is one thing but insulting them is taking it too fat. Don't take it too heart!
    100% freedom at its finest haha
    awwww thank you , you are very sweet

ReputationRep:
    From time to time yes
    tbh soz i dont know how to advice u den, cause im sorta in the same position. i have a big family so house gets dirty quicker so i have to clean all the time! and you have very young siblings so idk

ReputationRep:
    tbh soz i dont know how to advice u den, cause im sorta in the same position. i have a big family so house gets dirty quicker so i have to clean all the time! and you have very young siblings so idk
    It's fine, I really do appreciate you attempting to help me

ReputationRep:
    100% freedom at its finest haha
    awwww thank you , you are very sweet
    So you don't have long until you move out, if you do move out
    No worries, but seriously, if you take things to heart you'd turn out like an emotional mess like me so just dont overthink whatever your parents say, its not worth it really

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.