The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Freshers Week @ York....

I've been looking on the Student Union website and it looks good for freshers week!

On the website it claims Edith Bowman, Javine and Shapeshifters are going to be there. Anyone know anything about this?

Sounds amazing!!

I have also looked at other uni websites and it looks like a few uni's are getting other Radio 1 D.J's.

BTW the student union website is http://www.yusu.org/ if you didn't already know!

Hope this helps!

Scroll to see replies

I take it you missed the '2003' part at the top of the page then?
University of York
York
Reply 2
I says in the image "And Many more.....Coming in Freshers Week 2004"

What do you mean 2003?
Reply 3
Are you looking forward to going to York?

Stupid Question! Whoever says no shouldnt be coming!
Yeah Im looking forward to coming :smile: :smile: :smile:
But who on earth are those people (Edith Bowman?!) Lol I have never heard of any of them !
Do we have any lectures in freshers week?
~Gaz :smile:
Reply 5
She's a radio 1 DJ - Colin and Edith....?

I guess we will have lectures in freshers week....
Reply 6
lol, doesn't Craig Savage on this page.... http://www.yusu.org/union/ Look like the guy from busted?? Jus me?? hehehe

I'm lookin forward to it! Looks pretty fun what they've got lined up for us!
Reply 7
DavioSenBoo
lol, doesn't Craig Savage on this page.... http://www.yusu.org/union/ Look like the guy from busted?? Jus me?? hehehe

I'm lookin forward to it! Looks pretty fun what they've got lined up for us!

lol yeh he does, ie. like a rat :biggrin:
imasillynarb
lol yeh he does, ie. like a rat :biggrin:

ok, when is freshers week,
and when do the students need to be a uni
Reply 9
mathematician
ok, when is freshers week,
and when do the students need to be a uni

Freshers week starts 11th of October (monday) but we have to arrive there on the 10th.
Reply 10
DavioSenBoo

Ha HAAAAAAAAA!
Reply 11
Why does York start so late?

Are you sure freshers starts on October 11th?

I know that thats the 'term start' but is freshers not the week before that?

Does anyone know....?
Reply 12
hossy
Why does York start so late?

Are you sure freshers starts on October 11th?

I know that thats the 'term start' but is freshers not the week before that?

Does anyone know....?

Definately is the 11th of October. If you look on that letter that came with the accomodation application form it says it on there.
Reply 13
On the website it claims Edith Bowman, Javine and Shapeshifters are going to be there.

I'm there!
Reply 14
Term starts 11th, freshers starts 4th. We don't have lectures over freshers so I guess it doesn't count as part of the term.
Reply 15
llduncanll
Term starts 11th, freshers starts 4th. We don't have lectures over freshers so I guess it doesn't count as part of the term.

really? Where did it say that freshers starts on the 4th? I thought on that booklet that we got with the accomodation application form that you move into your residences on the 10th of October (sunday)?
Reply 16
Term starts 10th and freshers is the same thing. Only introductory lectures in freshers but freshers week is week 1 for all of us non-freshers and that is definite.

Alastair
Reply 17
exeter uni are also havin javine and colin (from the colin and edith's show)
but then again, they also get to see franz ferdinand, glc, keane, the zutons etc
Reply 18
llduncanll

Wow! I was 100% wrong... I deff remember the UCAS website saying term started on the 4th but now I got my accomodation thingy through the post and it says I can live in my room from the 10th so that's obv not right...
Reply 19
llduncanll
Wow! I was 100% wrong... I deff remember the UCAS website saying term started on the 4th but now I got my accomodation thingy through the post and it says I can live in my room from the 10th so that's obv not right...

wheres your accomodation :frown: i want mineeeee

Latest