Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Then again....it was fish fingers i think
    See, only the Caius chefs could've found fish with fingers.

The Sidney Sainsbury's nickname is even mentioned on the Wikipedia, so it has to be right!

ReputationRep:
    What's that? Sounds exciting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    What's that? Sounds exciting...
    The Wikipedia or the fish fingers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    The Wikipedia or the fish fingers?
    Lol..both sound equally exciting to me

Ticki- did you want details of the St. Alban's freshers party i recall???

G

ReputationRep:
    I do indeed, thanks Geoff!

Was referring to the Wikipedia. But if there's something exciting about fish fingers at Caius...

ReputationRep:
    The Wikipedia is an online encyclopaedia. You can submit articles or rewrite the ones that are already there, although they patrol it to make sure no one posts anything too silly. It's really good...I've been writing bits for it for a few months now. The Sidney entry is a bit empty at the moment...maybe someone here has something to add. They even have an entry on fish fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    I do indeed, thanks Geoff!

Was referring to the Wikipedia. But if there's something exciting about fish fingers at Caius...
    Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire: Friday 24th September

Age Concern Centre
    St. Peter's Street
    St. Albans (adjacent to St Peter's Church- no parking available on site)

It says most run from 6-8pm

G

ReputationRep:
    John's is our sister college? :eek:

So we shared sports grounds with Christ's, entz with New Hall and Emma, stole Trinity's wine in WW2, but John's is our sister college?

Does this give us special privileges?

Ta for the St. Albans info, Greg. Unfortunately if I'm coming up on 22 Sept it looks like I won't be able to make it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    Ta for the St. Albans info, Greg.
    Where'd that come from then???? :confused:

No probs bout the info btw

G

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I met someone once who called me Stuart. Huh?

Oxbridge sister colleges are between Oxford and Cambridge, so Sidney is paired with St John's, Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I met someone once who called me Stuart. Huh?

Oxbridge sister colleges are between Oxford and Cambridge, so Sidney is paired with St John's, Oxford.
    Lol.....i've had Godfrey, geo-ferry and geography as variations....i have to say greg is probably better than all of them

What is Caius sister college then???

G

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, was posting to a Greg on a different forum and got all confused. I did mean Geoff. It happens very often, I'm sorry to say. That'll teach me for having 3 forums plus msn on the go...

If it's talking about Oxford then perhaps I did know that deep down. I've got a friend at John's, Oxford so was probably told it once upon a time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol.....i've had Godfrey, geo-ferry and geography as variations....i have to say greg is probably better than all of them

What is Caius sister college then???

G
    There's a list on Wikipedia somewhere. We're twinned with Oriel. Great. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol..no problem Ticki..easy mistake to make...at least it wasn't Kenneth like my music teacher called me for two years.....i somehow don't see a link between Geoffrey....Kenneth....Geoff.... Ken.....still don't :confused:

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    There's a list on Wikipedia somewhere. We're twinned with Oriel. Great. :rolleyes:
    Actually I think Clare is the only bigamous college. It has a second partner besides Oriel.

ReputationRep:
    OK, finally worked up the energy to bother looking it up. Here's the list of sister colleges. Caius is paired with Brasenose...the only Oxford college named after its doorknob.

ReputationRep:
    OK, finally worked up the energy to bother looking it up. Here's the list of sister colleges. Caius is paired with Brasenose...the only Oxford college named after its doorknob.
    Brasenose eh? I suppose if you have one of the best cambridge colleges..it's only fair you pair it up with one of the lesser oxford colleges. Then again...all the oxford colleges are lesser in comparison to cambridge colleges anyway

TBH..i don't actually know much about brasenose...at all

G

ReputationRep:
    Actually Brasenose is quite nice...I visited it when I was sightseeing around Oxford, mainly because they didn't charge a fortune and have obnoxious porters like Christ Church. The funniest thing is that on the Brasenose map they have something called the "Deer Park", and you go there and it's just a tiny patch of grass with no deer in sight.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think Clare is the only bigamous college. It has a second partner besides Oriel.
    Tit Hall also appears to be bigamous.

Best friend from school is at Christ Church - apparently she got a real *******ing from one of the porters in Michaelmas until she produced her uni card to prove that she was a student there. Harsh! I'm told that the way to gain free entry is to say you want to pray in the cathedral.

ReputationRep:
    Actually Brasenose is quite nice...I visited it when I was sightseeing around Oxford, mainly because they didn't charge a fortune and have obnoxious porters like Christ Church. The funniest thing is that on the Brasenose map they have something called the "Deer Park", and you go there and it's just a tiny patch of grass with no deer in sight.
    Peterhouse has a deer garden like that too though.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.