Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oxford is scary- nice place, but scary uni. at least the languages dept is

ReputationRep:
    My friend's reading MML (French and Italian) and Christ Church. Was somehow elected Italian student rep by default - she is one of the few people who has taken Italian before (GCSE and A-level) and as a result has to spend nearly her whole day running across town to make tutorials/seminars/lectures.

I disliked Oxford as a place and from what I saw it was much snobbier than Cambridge. Although Christ Church is pretty spectacular and we did sit in their Union bar so I guess it wasn't entirely normal.

ReputationRep:
    i will have to write a review of oxford life from a Tab perspective at some point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    i will have to write a review of oxford life from a Tab perspective at some point!
    I hope you'll include all the angst when you're forced to choose between them in the rowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    The Wikipedia is an online encyclopaedia. You can submit articles or rewrite the ones that are already there, although they patrol it to make sure no one posts anything too silly. It's really good...I've been writing bits for it for a few months now. The Sidney entry is a bit empty at the moment...maybe someone here has something to add. They even have an entry on fish fingers.
    Hmmm... if it's still empty when I'm in third year, consider it done.

(Original post by Willla2)
    Well according to CamSIS ( http://willaborp.ath.cx/students/ ) there isnt anyone going there this year......or maybe some people need to sign up (including yourself)....it makes life easy for seeing who's who!
    Yer website isn't working for me I'm afraid. Any idea if this is a problem localised to my overly-fussy computer or if it's true of everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faboba)
    Yer website isn't working for me I'm afraid. Any idea if this is a problem localised to my overly-fussy computer or if it's true of everyone?
    Tis working fine for me

G

ReputationRep:
    I hope you'll include all the angst when you're forced to choose between them in the rowing.
    Cantab 4ever :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... if it's still empty when I'm in third year, consider it done.

my website goes up and down depending on when my computer is turned on.....you should try during the day..it is unlikely to be your pc

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not a member!!! Hotmail hates me too!

ReputationRep:
    an email has been sent to your hotmail account before. I just sent another one....CHECK THE JUNK MAIL FOLDER!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an I've allowed your address. Lol, I've probably mistyped the address. Sorry, this is so funny...

ReputationRep:
    there email address in the system is: [email protected] (I removed the .com to prevent spam crap)

is that the correct email address?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but seriously have not had the emails and your address is allowed and it's not in the spam folder...

This is doing my head in. I should definitely not be allowed to have a computer.

ReputationRep:
    i've sent a test email to your account, tell me if it arrives!

ReputationRep:
    Woo, I've reactivated!

ReputationRep:
    so the emails finally got through did they!?

ReputationRep:
    One did. I asked for another to be sent. God knows what happened to the rest. Unless my sister's been reading and deleting my emails again...

The penny's dropped.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.