The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Got my offer for Physics with Theoretical Physics this week. Hurrah! This is my firm now :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Pulkpull
Got my offer for Physics with Theoretical Physics this week. Hurrah! This is my firm now :smile:

Congrats!
Reply 82
MaryMoo
Has anyone who's applied for Biomedical Science heard anything yet? Two months and still nothing :frown:

Hey! I was searching the threads in the Imperial forum and I came across someone who's gotten a conditional offer from Imperial for Biomedical Science. It's making me really worried!
Reply 83
Damn! Any idea what their conditions were? I know someone who got an unofficial offer last week, he sent his app just 3 days before mine, 3 days!! I applied for the 4 year MSci, but I doubt that makes much of a difference to when I'll hear. On the bright side you can count yourself lucky, you've had an acknowledgment ... I don't even have that :redface:

*sigh* Guess we'll just have to wait till after xmas. :frown: Is Imperial your first choice? I've applied to UCL as well .. still nothing from them either :p: It's so reassuring to know I'm not the only one who hasn't heard from either of them!
Reply 84
Nope, the person didn't state what the offer was.He/she's applying for medicine at imperial as well and biomed is just a backup. Maybe that could be a reason why he's been offered a place? Is your friend applying for biomed as well? Did Imperial not even send you an email to let you know they've received you application and are considering you? Mayb they're just really busy. When did you apply? I applied on the 14th Nov.

And yeap! Imperial's definitely my first choice but I just have this feeling that I'm going to be rejected. Oh well. At least I still have King's. lol. I havent heard anything from UCL either. I also came across someone who's gotten a rejection from UCL for biomed. Really scary. Let's just hope for the best!
Reply 85
Yep, my friend applied for Biomed (and applied for mostly NatSci elsewhere). It really bugs me when people have applied to Imperial Biomed as a "back up" if they don't get into med, why can't Imperial give those that really want to do that course the offers :frown: Nope, no email saying they're received my application, my friend with the offer didn't get one either. I applied on the 11th Oct. Absolutely ages ago! Fingers crossed, good luck, hopefully we'll both be there next year :wink:
Reply 86
I just realised I sounded like I was interrogating you so sorry for asking so many questions. Whoa, you applied ages ago! Well, good luck and I hope we get offers from them soon!
Reply 87
Hmm, I withdrew my application from Imperial a while back, but they gave me an offer today for Chemical Engineering (and I didn't even go for interview...)

Meh, gonna decline them anyway :smile:
IChem
Hmm, I withdrew my application from Imperial a while back, but they gave me an offer today for Chemical Engineering (and I didn't even go for interview...)

Could i ask why? Surely Imperial has by far the best reputation out of your choices?
IChem

Yes it is certainly going to be their loss...
Reply 90
You're not one of those sad people who are desperate to get into Oxford are you? It's just a university FFS.
He got rejected from the big O, he has Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester and is declining imperial... This warrants a big ROFL
Reply 92
Note he applied for Chemistry at Oxford but Chem Eng elsewhere... so he doesn't want to do Chem Eng.
Reply 93
I doubt it, probably just because Oxford don't do chem eng?
Reply 94
No, no, I know the guy, I met him at the Oxford science interviews! He doesn't want to do Chem Eng, he made a mistake in applying for it!
Reply 95
Haha, that's quite funny. How can you make a mistake in that?
Reply 96
Mistake as in "thought it was a good idea at the time", not mistake as in "oops, wrong button". :p:
Reply 97
Note that Oxford DOES do Chemical Engineering. If you look in the prospectus you can apply direct for the ChemEng stream through Engineering Science. However, no way would I ever get an offer for ES.
The point is that Chemistry is my passion, however, my parents (yes I know) have decided that a Chemistry degree is crap (seeing as I don't just want to end up in a research lab for the rest of my life) unless it's from Oxbridge. So I applied ChemEng everywhere else. I did do a headstart and quite enjoyed it, but whatever.

Also to wais - I personally don't want to study in London, accomodation is literally twice the price of everywhere else and I just don't have that kind of money. Secondly I've lived in London most of my life, it would be nice to go somewhere else, somewhere away from home. Plus the Guardian reckons that Leeds is the best for ChemEng courses.

Furthermore, I plan on reapplying for Oxford next year as long as I get my 4As. If not...then suppose I'll go to Leeds, I'm not sure I'll enjoy life at Imperial...unless someone has some ideas why I would?
Reply 98
Actually, changed my mind, think im gonna go! :smile:
Reply 99
IChem
Note that Oxford DOES do Chemical Engineering. If you look in the prospectus you can apply direct for the ChemEng stream through Engineering Science. However, no way would I ever get an offer for ES.
The point is that Chemistry is my passion, however, my parents (yes I know) have decided that a Chemistry degree is crap (seeing as I don't just want to end up in a research lab for the rest of my life) unless it's from Oxbridge. So I applied ChemEng everywhere else. I did do a headstart and quite enjoyed it, but whatever.

Also to wais - I personally don't want to study in London, accomodation is literally twice the price of everywhere else and I just don't have that kind of money. Secondly I've lived in London most of my life, it would be nice to go somewhere else, somewhere away from home. Plus the Guardian reckons that Leeds is the best for ChemEng courses.

The Guardian reckons a lot of things. :wink:

That was a quick change of mind... :p: Hope to see you in September, then?

Latest

Trending

Trending