Rewriting notes before A level? Watch

Pj2203
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all,

I've just finished my GCSEs and was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to rewrite all of my notes from my exercise books (not revision notes) for all of the subjects I'm doing for A level and put them all in one folder seeing as I don't want to be bringing loads of years worth of books every day for subjects such as German, Spanish which carry straight on from GCSE. Does anyone think that this would be a good idea?

Thank you xx
Michiyo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pj2203)
Hey all,

I've just finished my GCSEs and was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to rewrite all of my notes from my exercise books (not revision notes) for all of the subjects I'm doing for A level and put them all in one folder seeing as I don't want to be bringing loads of years worth of books every day for subjects such as German, Spanish which carry straight on from GCSE. Does anyone think that this would be a good idea?

Thank you xx
I would not say so.

Chances are that nothing you do at A-level will have any link to what you did at GCSE. I continued English Literature and Psychology from GCSE to A-level and nothing I did was the same. In a best case scenario, you will find like one or two familiar things.

If you did German and Spanish at GCSE, I assume you already know all the GCSE material. If any material that you already know shows up at A-level, you can just ignore it and not write it as it would be embedded into you mind by then.

The essay structures and all that for A-level are a bit different from those at GCSE, so there is no point in bringing any GCSE exam tips at A-level. The only relevant GCSE things you need to know are the PEA and PEEL paragraphs.

Do you even need GCSE books at A-level? Because I did not.

I suggest you wait until you see what you do at A-level to decide whether to bring in any GCSE notes or not. I did the same and found out none of my GCSE notes would have helped, so rewriting them would have been a waste of time.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you mean by 'notes'. However, GCSE and A-level are different things and should be treated as so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed