lucy12312
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, is anyone doing The Handmaids Tale, A Streetcar Named Desire and The Feminine Gospels? really struggling on finding comparisons between handmaids tale and street car does anyone have a list of themes that could possibly come up?!
beccaw789
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lucy12312)
Hi, is anyone doing The Handmaids Tale, A Streetcar Named Desire and The Feminine Gospels? really struggling on finding comparisons between handmaids tale and street car does anyone have a list of themes that could possibly come up?!
Not sure which exam board you're on, but I'm assuming AQA since that's also when my next paper is. On the website they've written this: although not an exhaustive list of aspects of Modern times, areas that can usefully be explored include: wars and the legacy of wars; personal and social identity; changing morality and social structures; gender, class, race and ethnicity; political upheaval and change; resistance and rebellion; imperialism, post-imperialism and nationalism; engagement with the social, political, personal and literary issues which have helped to shape the latter half of the 20th century and the early decades of the 21st century.

So, essentially, they reserve the right to whack down anything on that list, and then some other stuff if they feel like it. I'm also doing The Handmaid's Tale, but I've got All My Sons and Skirrid Hill instead of streetcar and feminine gospels.

Also - as all 3 of your texts are core texts, you can compare any of them on section B, so long as you answer the section A question on the text that's left.

If you do do the AQA spec, how did you find paper 1 yesterday?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (50)
37.31%
No (70)
52.24%
I don't know (14)
10.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise