Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Maths GCSE - how did everyone do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am actually kind of worried, cos (though I didnt) i know two people who got 480/480 for maths, and then the people on this site, if you did please say so because it seems odd that so many got full marks

ReputationRep:
    581/600 :-X!!!!!
    courswork 102/120
    05/06: 479/480.

i'm not sure what the poop they're smoking down at edexcel HQ, i worked out i got 69/100 and 71/100 on each paper (roughly, very conservative marking, but still.) coursework peut-etre, 102/120 still doesn't sound A* though, i'm sure my cwk was 34/40 which was A.

ReputationRep:
    I also got 480/480 and until i read this i was totally confused and still am. I know for sure that I didn't get full marls on the exams becuase on the last question of one of the papers I just did some random scribblings in the vague area. Maybe they removed some questions because they were too hard? Seems unlikely but if everyone is getting full marks then something must have happened!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovalorbit)
    I also got 480/480 and until i read this i was totally confused and still am. I know for sure that I didn't get full marls on the exams becuase on the last question of one of the papers I just did some random scribblings in the vague area. Maybe they removed some questions because they were too hard? Seems unlikely but if everyone is getting full marks then something must have happened!
    I got 473/480 and I missed out several questions, including the last one. I'm sure I miust have dropped more than 7 marks. That's what I thought- maybe they removed some of the questions.

I got 561/600- A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovalorbit)
    The marks you have on your results sheet are UMS marks (uniform marking score/system or something) they're not the raw marks, so yo ucan get full UMS without getting full raw marks.

ReputationRep:
    A* - 595/600

115/120 for CW, 480/480 for exam - I don't see how though, when I put down 1 line of working for the last question on paper 6 and it really didn't have much to do with the question :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A* 576/600
    so didnt expect this.....

ReputationRep:
    hmm I got 96/120 for my intermediate coursework - does that mean I got an A for it ? if thats possible ? :-S

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA maths last year (A*) but I did do about 11 practice edexcel papers and I must admit that I can't really differentiate between the two in terms of difficulty. Edexcel is generally easy for me, but there is usually a little bugger right at the end.

ReputationRep:
    all of your grades seem so good.....
    is it down too intense revision or talent??? if a mixture say the percentage...
    its quite interestin too see

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, 516 out of whatever it was... I could have done much more revision for it, but to be honest I'm happy with that grade, especially seen as my teacher taught me nothing for 3 years...

And to the person wh osaid they did 11 practise papers!!!! Wohah! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    thats still gd... so how much do you u fink hard-work contributes to excellent grades?? % or something like that will do...

ReputationRep:
    I personally think its 40% revision and 60% ability....the revision makes you used to answering the questions....but if you don't have the ability you can't answer the questions anyway. Revising for maths is a lot different to revisiong for history or geography. To revise maths you have to do loads and loads of questions to familiarise yourself with the topics they test the most frequently....but you still need some degree of ability. Its all welll and good being able to know how to do a question .... but its no use if you don't have the ability (as in the techniques required for the question) to answer it. I probably did about 10 past papers.....probably more.....maths teacher gave us more or less one every other lesson.....and she talked us all into buying the CGP practice papers....and we did exercises from the textbooks with past exam questions in.....as a result...more or less everyone I've spoken to in my maths class got an A or a B....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    thats still gd... so how much do you u fink hard-work contributes to excellent grades?? % or something like that will do...
    I actually have no idea, I was completely shocked at some of my grades...

btw grades aren't the bee-all-and-end-all

Are you doing GCSEs next year?

ReputationRep:
    I just checked I actually got 529/600... I got 416/480 for the exam

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, considering I was expecting a B, I'm quite happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    all of your grades seem so good.....
    is it down too intense revision or talent??? if a mixture say the percentage...
    its quite interestin too see
    i could never revise maths, the only thing that worked for me was doing plenty of praccy papers and perfecting the skills. perhaps that's just because i enjoyed it though and managed to retain the knowledge, where as something like sciences just go straight out of my head. therefore i'd say talent played a large part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by recurring)
    i got 568 A*

my friend got 544 and got an A so the boundary for A* is between there.
    I thought 540 was A*.

ReputationRep:
    That first paper threw me off a bit. What a nightmare.

I got A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I thought 540 was A*.
    yeh, tis.

Also i probably did about 11 past papers for revision

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.