Additional science b4 c4 p4 OCR

Watch this thread
workaholic.ok
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm very curious so whatever question you remember comment it and any you need help with. I'll start, what did you get for an isotope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moppet
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
an isotope is an element with the same atomic number but a different mass number
Which questions can you remember from B4?
workaholic.ok
Rep:
(Original post by Moppet)
an isotope is an element with the same atomic number but a different mass number
I wrote it's same elements but with different mass numbers. & I remember it asking when a pump on o2 is added to the plant, how does it grow?(something like that)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moppet
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I can remember:
Explain which mite she should choose and why (2 marks)
Estimate the number of mites (1 mark?, or was it two?)
Give reasons why this estimate is not accurate (2)
What are the advantages/disadvantages of using pesticides? (2 marks)
Explain the results in test tube B, with no phosphate (2 marks)
Explain why bubbling oxygen through the test tube would make the plant grow faster (3 marks)
Agar Jelly and Diffusion (6 marks)
Explain why the epidermis is transparent (2 marks)
Explain why the stomata is located at the bottom (3 marks or 2?)
Explain why starch is stored instead of sugar (2 marks)
Please let me know if this is correct because I am desperate to see how many marks I got
Moppet
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
For C4:

What group and period is this element in? (2 marks)
Draw a dot and cross diagram for the bonding of HCL (1 mark)
Draw a dot and cross diagram for the ionic bonding of sodium chloride (2 marks)
Process of water purification (6 marks)
Balance the symbol equation of HCL (2 marks)
What is an isotope? (2 marks)
Predict the melting point (and something else?) of the elements/halogens in the table (2 marks)
What type of reaction is this (or was it why do reduction and oxidation happen in this displacement reaction of bromine) 2 marks
Moppet
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Can anybody remember any other questions for C4? Please help me
Samosa and Vada
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Stop worrying. The grade boundaries are always so low for this paper. And I think looking at this paper it will be low this year as well.
hira981
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
For C4:

What group and period is this element in? (2 marks)
Draw a dot and cross diagram for the bonding of HCL (1 mark)
Draw a dot and cross diagram for the ionic bonding of sodium chloride (2 marks)
Process of water purification (6 marks)
Balance the symbol equation of HCL (2 marks)
What is an isotope? (2 marks)
Predict the melting point (and something else?) of the elements/halogens in the table (2 marks)
What type of reaction is this (or was it why do reduction and oxidation happen in this displacement reaction of bromine) 2 marks
it was one about why group 7 elements have similar chemical properties
I wrote they all have 7 electrons in outer shell
workaholic.ok
Rep:
(Original post by hira981)
it was one about why group 7 elements have similar chemical properties
I wrote they all have 7 electrons in outer shell
I wrote they have strong intermolecular forces and high melting points and boiling

Posted from TSR Mobile
hira981
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by workaholic.ok)
I wrote they have strong intermolecular forces and high melting points and boiling

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah thats right
hira981
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm very curious so whatever question you remember comment it and any you need help with. I'll start, what did you get for an isotope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
also the oxygen bubbles question in a test tube for plant
I wrote the plant cells are respiring to turn glucose into chemical energy in the plant
more auxins
hira981
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
what about for physics the alpha and beta radiation i wrote its the most ionising and would attract to materials with positive atoms or something like that

for x-rays i said
high frequency and short wavelength so are exposed to tissue cells and so cause cancer in cell and then they multiply and divide

for ultra sound
I don't remember but it was about an image
hira981
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
yes your right its different forms of an element though but yeah it has same atomic number but different mass number
workaholic.ok
Rep:
(Original post by hira981)
what about for physics the alpha and beta radiation i wrote its the most ionising and would attract to materials with positive atoms or something like that

for x-rays i said
high frequency and short wavelength so are exposed to tissue cells and so cause cancer in cell and then they multiply and divide

for ultra sound
I don't remember but it was about an image
I wrote x rays have high frequency which causes living cells to die and you wouldn't be able to see soft tissues in an X-ray

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads