Does maths count as a science?

Watch this thread
Rosy-Smith18
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!

I want to apply for chemistry and it says they want 2 science A levels.

Does anyone know if maths counts as a science A Level?
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
yes
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yes, and maths is the language of science so fairly crucial to get some fluency in!
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yep ,officaly known as a formal science, which is like as Reality says above the language of science

Formal sciences are language disciplines concerned with formal systems, such as logic, mathematics, statistics, theoretical computer science, information theory, game theory, systems theory, decision theory, and theoretical linguistics.Whereas the natural sciences and social sciences seek to characterize physical systems and social systems respectively using empirical methods, the formal sciences are language tools concerned with characterizing abstract structures described by sign systems. The formal sciences aid the natural sciences by providing information about the structures the latter use to describe the world, and what inferences may be made about them.
Wikipedia is great isnt it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (21)
30.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
38.24%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.88%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.24%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.47%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.47%

Watched Threads