Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do really badly in their ASs when they were expecting a bit better coz i was got an A in AQA biology coursework n got an E in my exams i mean what da hell?!
    i just want to know whether i should ask for a remark or just get my script back. Because LOADS of people @ my college did worst than me :eek:
    HELP

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i did really badly too but was expecting it to be honest as i never got a chance to revise properly with all da stuff going on in my house during my study leave. i got B,D,U,U - i went to college this mornin 2 discuss my options, looks like i'l have to carry on with the two subjects i passed in (eng and hist) and take up an AS in critical thinking. I might also retake all my bio exams to get an AS level in bio. :rolleyes: was it just bio u did badly in?

ReputationRep:
    Same happened with me in History. I got a C, which isn't bad, but was expecting better. You know when your doing an exam, you can tell whether you've done crap or really well? I felt that i had done really well and what's worse it that i don't even know where i went wrong?
    The only thing i can put it down to is exam technique as i feel that my factual knowledge was good.

Do you think i should ask for my script back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    Same happened with me in History. I got a C, which isn't bad, but was expecting better. You know when your doing an exam, you can tell whether you've done crap or really well? I felt that i had done really well and what's worse it that i don't even know where i went wrong?
    The only thing i can put it down to is exam technique as i feel that my factual knowledge was good.

Do you think i should ask for my script back?
    Yep! Then you can see where you (or the examiner!) went wrong. Your teacher can check it and decided whether a non-accelerated appeal is justified i think.

ReputationRep:
    How much does it cost to get a (photo)copy of your scripts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    How much does it cost to get a (photo)copy of your scripts?
    It varies from school to school. Some get it for free I think, wheras I payed my £42 cheque in on Monday :mad: (was less than the initial £60 though luckily).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    It varies from school to school. Some get it for free I think, wheras I payed my £42 cheque in on Monday :mad: (was less than the initial £60 though luckily).
    :eek: Wow!

How many scripts was that for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    :eek: Wow!

How many scripts was that for?
    For 4 papers! Even the man in the finance office was shocked!

ReputationRep:
    So that makes it *calculates* £10.50 per paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    So that makes it *calculates* £10.50 per paper!
    On average yep. But it was £10 each (what a rip-off) plus a £2 'administration fee' because you know, it costs an awful lot to photocopy 4 exam papers :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What, do they gold leaf them after marking them or something? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    What, do they gold leaf them after marking them or something? :rolleyes:
    You'd think by the price that they would! The thing is, the quality isn't great either. In January I got photocopies of 3 papers (same charge applied) and I really did struggle to read some of the writing, because the quality was so poor.

It has nothing to do with your school. It is entriely dependent on the exam board fees. IIRC they ask for about £15 for a very speedy serviceor you can pay ~£7 for the less speedy one. Peoplesitting AS's should use the less speedy one due to return time not being an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria D)
    yeah, i did really badly too but was expecting it to be honest as i never got a chance to revise properly with all da stuff going on in my house during my study leave. i got B,D,U,U - i went to college this mornin 2 discuss my options, looks like i'l have to carry on with the two subjects i passed in (eng and hist) and take up an AS in critical thinking. I might also retake all my bio exams to get an AS level in bio. :rolleyes: was it just bio u did badly in?
    Nope i did bad in everything i got U in chemistry so have 2 retake
    n D in Business not bad seeing i was predicted E
    n C in computing quite bad only 4 marks from B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W*W*J*D)
    Nope i did bad in everything i got U in chemistry so have 2 retake
    n D in Business not bad seeing i was predicted E
    n C in computing quite bad only 4 marks from B
    Don't worry, what course do you want to do once you leave college? i'm sure by the time you leave you'll have managed to turn things around

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for yuor optimisim but i want to do medicine n these are pretty crap grades i have to work sooooooooo hard this year otherwise i'll never stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for yuor optimisim but i want to do medicine n these are pretty crap grades i have to work sooooooooo hard this year otherwise i'll never stand a chance
    I got BCDU in my AS levels first time round and even in A2 i ended up with BEE in the end, and i'm going to Southampton to study medicine after i spent a year resitting bio and chem. It can be done. But you have enough time to turn it around. Don't waste it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I got BCDU in my AS levels first time round and even in A2 i ended up with BEE in the end, and i'm going to Southampton to study medicine after i spent a year resitting bio and chem. It can be done. But you have enough time to turn it around. Don't waste it!
    WOW you've given me hope again what final grades did you get and what's southampton like?!

ReputationRep:
    WOW you've given me hope again what final grades did you get and what's southampton like?!
    I haven't started at Southampton yet but it seems like a really nice uni. I pulled my 2E's up to BC in the end which was enough because i'm doing a 6yr Access to Medicine course which asks for CCC. Like i said before, you have enough time to turn things around, don't waste it!

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I haven't started at Southampton yet but it seems like a really nice uni. I pulled my 2E's up to BC in the end which was enough because i'm doing a 6yr Access to Medicine course which asks for CCC. Like i said before, you have enough time to turn things around, don't waste it!

Good Luck.
    My advice is - don't worry. Photocopies of the papers are great for spotting your weaknesses, then take january resits, if you've done some of the A2 course it will make the AS seem more manageable.

I got a D for my AS-further maths first time round, but resat and got an A, having done more of the normal maths course so being generally better at maths overall.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.