Will we have a repeat of 2011 london riots?

Watch
jhgjhgg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Also why are the MPs and councillors pretending to care, they couldn't care less how many people burned. Why are celebs tweeting about it for public relations.

These people died because they were poor. They were black, syrians and somalians, they were considered sub human. They died because they were poor.

The conservatives don't give a shhitt. Neither does labour. They all want your votes, they despise poor people.
SwaeLee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jhgjhgg)
Also why are the MPs and councillors pretending to care, they couldn't care less how many people burned. Why are celebs tweeting about it for public relations.

These people died because they were poor. They were black, syrians and somalians, they were considered sub human. They died because they were poor.

The conservatives don't give a shhitt. Neither does labour. They all want your votes, they despise poor people.
true.
jhgjhgg
Rep:
?
I am ashamed to be a human right now. People just don't give a shhitt. They will let you die to build an extension on their mansion. Mark my words, we are going to have a riot.

All these MPs pretending that they care is a joke, they don't give a flying fucc. It's all PR for them, all they care about is their money and power. They want another extension in their mansion, they are not here to please you.
tamil fever
Badges: 20
Report 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1lP614TD3w
I believe this guy
tamil fever
Report 2 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9NWK7VOLig
jhgjhgg
Rep:
?
(Original post by tamil fever)
I believe this guy
man speaks da truth
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I certainly hope lot. Most of the people charging around London now weren't actually affected by the event. They are just the rent-a-mob type who are looking for trouble. The London Riots 1.0 started mostly because a gangster was killed by the police and all his fellow roadmen lost their ****/found an opportunity to get some new gear. This event was genuine people being killed because some lazy sod/sods didn't do their job properly. What use is rioting going to do? The only things London Riots 2.0 will cause are:
- More damage and injury/death.
- The people who are actually important will fall into the shadows.
- Investigations will be impeded.
- The real victims will be blamed alongside the mobsters.
- Attention and resources will be diverted from this event to dealing with the riot and its aftermaths.

I don't think London Riots 1.0 levels will be reached but I certainly hope nothing else happens in London for a while because there's a lot of general unrest right now.
Moonstruck16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tamil fever)
I believe this guy
Lol I love this guy.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They died largely because their building did not have a sprinkler system (although the effectiveness of one has been debated). Was this because they were poor? No. It was because local councils do not have enough money to retro-fit large apartments with these systems.
Moonstruck16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If they were rich, they could have paid for said system, they couldn't because they were poor. They died because they were poor.

They couldn't do matched betting like Reue and make £25k on the side hustle and have a yearly income of £77k.
They? Did these people own the building? Didn't think so.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If they were rich, they could have paid for said system, they couldn't because they were poor. They died because they were poor.
That could be said of any number of people in any number of situations.

They couldn't do matched betting like Reue and make £25k on the side hustle and have a yearly income of £77k.
Well they had a UK address, so could well have done.
jhgjhgg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reue)
That could be said of any number of people in any number of situations.

Well they had a UK address, so could well have done.
Reue, these people are not smart neither are they well educated. They live off the peanuts the government throws them. All they know is drink, drugs and violence. They will most likely cause a riot.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I doubt anything big will happen. Yes, it's hot and sticky and that tends to spark trouble more than anything else - but riots are destructive, and the first time that something gets destroyed, or there is a major confrontation with police, the whole thing will have been lost - there will be no widespread sympathy for people destroying stuff.
jhgjhgg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
I doubt anything big will happen. Yes, it's hot and sticky and that tends to spark trouble more than anything else - but riots are destructive, and the first time that something gets destroyed, or there is a major confrontation with police, the whole thing will have been lost - there will be no widespread sympathy for people destroying stuff.
Google "London Riots" and see the buzz on social media, it doesn't look good out there. Remember these people are deprived and uneducated, all they know is drink, drugs and violence. This is just another excuse to get a few OLED TVs.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Google "London Riots" and see the buzz on social media, it doesn't look good out there. Remember these people are deprived and uneducated, all they know is drink, drugs and violence. This is just another excuse to get a few OLED TVs.
No doubt, there will be a lot of hard-left trouble makers out there, so anything is possible, but I think a police response will be very swift after 2011 - they will have changed their public order tactics. Another big difference is that Khan is the mayor and Corbyn is in a position of relative strength. Neither will want their brands damaged by association to rioting, so Khan will be tough and Corbyn will let his underlings know that there is to be no stirring.
jhgjhgg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
No doubt, there will be a lot of hard-left trouble makers out there, so anything is possible, but I think a police response will be very swift after 2011 - they will have changed their public order tactics. Another big difference is that Khan is the mayor and Corbyn is in a position of relative strength. Neither will want their brands damaged by association to rioting, so Khan will be tough and Corbyn will let his underlings know that there is to be no stirring.
What do you think young uneducated road men are going to do? They are going to break shhitt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads