Right wingers, why have you lost faith in the electorate?

Watch
intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
On June the 23rd you said the British public were well informed patriots who made the right choice and who's will should be respected. Less than a year on you're calling the public uninformed morons who brought into crazy promises and have ****ed the countries future. What caused your opinion to shift so quickly? Because they supported a candidate you didn't like? Whatever it is keep doing it, I do love myself a hot cup of tory tears.
YourCaesar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This country's doomed anyway.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
On June the 23rd you said the British public were well informed patriots who made the right choice and who's will should be respected. Less than a year on you're calling the public uninformed morons who brought into crazy promises and have ****ed the countries future. What caused your opinion to shift so quickly? Because they supported a candidate you didn't like? Whatever it is keep doing it, I do love myself a hot cup of tory tears.
Did i miss something, or did Labour not win the election?
Elastichedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Perhaps not officially, but if you consider the fact that they were never going to win, they did well by robbing the conservatives of a majority.

May will be replaced and another election will be called soon. We'll see what happens then.
.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are you talking about? I voted for Brexit and i'm a Labour supporter? If anything it was people who voted remain who were throwing out insults such as "uneducated, bigot, nazi, racist" to anyone who even dared vote to leave.
username3380984
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
This, the corbynistas feel its a victory , it is not. They are deluded.

Corbyn only perfomed well because May had a **** campaign and was a shambles.(one of the worst PM's ever).
The tories had a dreadful leader,capmaign and manigesto. But continue praising Corbyn for being 60 seats short of a majority. It is amsuing.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elastichedgehog)
Perhaps no officially, but if you consider the fact that they were never going to win, they did well by robbing the conservatives of a majority.
First time I've heard of either Labour/Tory 'doing well' without actually winning!

May is still PM, her party is still the largest by far and with the DUP they will still be able to push through any major votes.

I don't really see how labour have done well at all.
Elastichedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
First time I've heard of either Labour/Tory 'doing well' without actually winning!

May is still PM, her party is still the largest by far and with the DUP they will still be able to push through any major votes.

I don't really see how labour have done well at all.
Whatever your thoughts on Labour, you can't surely support May after the *****y campaign she put forward? And I can't imagine a lot of Conservative voters are particularly happy with the DUP coalition (albeit informal).
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elastichedgehog)
Whatever your thoughts on Labour, you can't surely support May after the *****y campaign she put forward? And I can't imagine a lot of Conservative voters are particularly happy with the DUP coalition (albeit informal).
But that's not what was being discussed here. The issue is that OP is making out like Labour had a victory.
Elastichedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
But that's not what was being discussed here. The issue is that OP is making out like Labour had a victory.
I suppose. Perhaps that's just my personal dislike of May creeping in :laugh:
roost3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
And you seem to be attached to this idea that a victory is only if you win an election. In this case, the purpose of the election was a landslide tory majority and they couldnt even get a majority.
roost3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Right wing tory brexiters are a bunch of hypocritical emotional pissbabies.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Corbyn should get in at the next election... Which will be soon I would imagine. Replacing May with someone even more out of touch with the people such as Boris Johnson, would be another failure of the tory party.
username3416706
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by roost3)
Right wing tory brexiters are a bunch of hypocritical emotional pissbabies.
Says the one insulting people based on their political beliefs. Sweet jesus.
AmberEB
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True
(Original post by OswaldMosley)
Says the one insulting people based on their political beliefs. Sweet jesus.
Gerrimouttahere
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1. June 23rd last year was Brexit the biggest mandate ever- If i remember correctly you was crying about it, it will be great
2. Nearly 85% of the electorate voted for parties who advocated an "hard brexit"- on constituency based electorate it would look a bit like this
3. If May bothered turning up to any of the debates It would of been a Tory landslide similar to Blair in 97'
4. Some people voted for the Labour party and Jeremy Corbyn twice, once at home and once at university evidenced in the following tweets
https://twitter.com/ZainQue_/status/872897385428643842
https://twitter.com/RopesToInfinity/...83469994655745
https://twitter.com/RandallNortham/s...79779720167424

5.There was no campaign from the tories and Jeremy Corbyn still lost May didn't put any effort into the election and ended with 318 seats and more votes then Blair, All be it with a bigger electorate.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by F.V.Wieser)

Corbyn only perfomed well because May had a **** campaign and was a shambles.(one of the worst PM's ever).
The tories had a dreadful leader,capmaign and manigesto. But continue praising Corbyn for being 60 seats short of a majority. It is amsuing.
The main reason they're 60 seats short of a majority is because the Conservative lead at the start of the campaign was so high. Realistically, Labour couldn't have been expected to win, given that the whole thing was timed by the Conservatives specifically to get a landslide and destroy Labour as an effective force in politics.

They see it as a victory because they increased their vote share significantly and won a number of seats, robbing the Conservatives of a majority, when people were predicting a Conservative landslide and 15-20 point lead at the start.

The last time Labour had a net gain of seats at a general election was in 1997. 20 years ago.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RF_PineMarten)
The main reason they're 60 seats short of a majority is because the Conservative lead at the start of the campaign was so high.
The Conservative lead was high because Jeremy Corbyn is a shitehawk...

Realistically, Labour couldn't have been expected to win, given that the whole thing was timed by the Conservatives specifically to get a landslide and destroy Labour as an effective force in politics.
The Government could've held an election at any point over pretty much a two year window and they'd have gone into it with the same lead.

It's worth noting that Labour supported the election timing too.

The last time Labour had a net gain of seats at a general election was in 1997. 20 years ago.
Yeah, but in those ones they lost seats they still managed to do better than Jeremy Corbyn did.

To paint this as a victory really has to carry a bit of a proviso. You might as well say "despite how absolutely terrible the Labour Party currently is, it turns out we're not quite as **** as the predictions suggested".
fvckkk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Yes, you missed the bit where Theresa wanted a landslide majority, the bit where she actually didnt even get a majority, the bit where Jeremy corbyn has a massive lead over May in the opinion polls etc etc

But sure, you keep parading this as a tory victory.
Midlander
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by F.V.Wieser)

He cut a 20+ point polling gap to 3 in 6 weeks for a snap election. Once people saw how he actually was, and saw his ideas weren't that kooky, they got on side. Yes, and Mrs May was horrendous. Look at her interviews on Grenfell, she's a mess. Of course he didn't win, but he has given the PM a bloody nose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (184)
58.79%
I don't have everything I need (129)
41.21%

Watched Threads