LauraEddy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone out there doing AQA dance next Wednesday? Would you be able to help me to understand how I need to answer the questions to get as many marks as possible? The mark schemes a really unhelpful?

I basically want to know what sort of stuff I need to learn. Any model answers would be appreciated!!

Thanks
LauraEddy
Rep:
?
Or maybe you did GCSE Dance last year and have some tips for the written paper? Basically, due to health reasons, I was unable to do any dance until the week before the moderation so I had to choreograph 4 dances in a week. Obviously, I only got a D so I need to do well on the paper in order to get a C :/
LauraEddy
Rep:
?
anyone?
mollygraceplumb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know its last minute but I have some tips my teacher gave me. I don't know what dances you're studying but I'm doing Swansong and Still life at the penguin cafe.

Most important thing I think is KNOW YOUR FACTS. By this I mean choreographers name, set designer, costume designer, lighting designer and accompaniment.

For the ten markers remember that making a point and giving an example = 1 mark so you should do this five times for EACH of your works

My teacher reckons something about physical setting will be the 10 marker so it might be worth spending some time on that.

Also something thats really important to remember is that if you have to describe a motif make sure its repeatable because recently AQA have changed the mark scheme so if its not repeatable, you don't get the marks

Good luck for tomorrow
12fwalker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LauraEddy)
Anyone out there doing AQA dance next Wednesday? Would you be able to help me to understand how I need to answer the questions to get as many marks as possible? The mark schemes a really unhelpful?

I basically want to know what sort of stuff I need to learn. Any model answers would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Hi! I'm doing GCSE Dance tomorrow. Like you, I'm determined to do well in the written paper. So I created this revision guide. It has loads of example answers in - sorry it relates to my set works and choreographies but they'll be good examples for anyone. You can share this; don't mind.
LauraEddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by mollygraceplumb)
I know its last minute but I have some tips my teacher gave me. I don't know what dances you're studying but I'm doing Swansong and Still life at the penguin cafe.

Most important thing I think is KNOW YOUR FACTS. By this I mean choreographers name, set designer, costume designer, lighting designer and accompaniment.

For the ten markers remember that making a point and giving an example = 1 mark so you should do this five times for EACH of your works

My teacher reckons something about physical setting will be the 10 marker so it might be worth spending some time on that.

Also something thats really important to remember is that if you have to describe a motif make sure its repeatable because recently AQA have changed the mark scheme so if its not repeatable, you don't get the marks

Good luck for tomorrow
Thank you very much! This is extremely helpful!!
LauraEddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12fwalker)
Hi! I'm doing GCSE Dance tomorrow. Like you, I'm determined to do well in the written paper. So I created this revision guide. It has loads of example answers in - sorry it relates to my set works and choreographies but they'll be good examples for anyone. You can share this; don't mind.
Wow, this is amazing! Thank you so much for this
12fwalker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LauraEddy)
Wow, this is amazing! Thank you so much for this
You're welcome! Good luck today everyone!!:dancing2::dancing2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.33%
No (410)
66.67%

Watched Threads