The Student Room Group

GCSE exam marking method

I was just a bit curios as to how the examiners mark our papers. do the paper get physically sent to them, i also heard that they can get scanned through a computer. so what actually is the process?
Original post by hsoras_2321
I was just a bit curios as to how the examiners mark our papers. do the paper get physically sent to them, i also heard that they can get scanned through a computer. so what actually is the process?

God knows...
apparently they get scanned and then the examiners mark it on computers
apparently they go through 3 people
I doubt it, they make so many mistakes marking so i reckon only 1 person marks 1 paper not 3 as they say
Original post by AsianG99
God knows...
apparently they get scanned and then the examiners mark it on computers
apparently they go through 3 people
I doubt it, they make so many mistakes marking so i reckon only 1 person marks 1 paper not 3 as they say

Yeah i heard that they get marked by two people, the first person marks it and then the second person sees whether they agree with the marking or not, but i dont know

They get scanned - that's why you gotta use black ball points. If you messed up and did your exam in pencil then they might get the physical one.
Reply 4

the extra papers and the papers get scanned and the bits without ur details get sent to an E marking thing (online). This emans that the examienr can chose from a variety of papers and when to mark them. There's a video on it in google.

Type in Edexcel marking youtube.

It's edexcel but all exam boards go the same/similar way.
All marked online.... why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest