The Student Room Group

re sit gcse maths

would i be allowed to re sit maths if i got a 4 in gcse maths? i really need a five

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Looking at your previous threads and posts, you seem to be very uneasy about your maths grade.
You will have to wait till summer and if you got a 4, then you can ask your school for a resit. I think it varies with the school. Some schools consider 4 as a good pass.

But for now, relax a little and try to put this in the back of your mind. You have a good few weeks of summer to enjoy :smile:
I am really anxious about my math grades, i'm not even worried about any other subject it's just maths, but your right i can't change my marks now so i might as well just chill and wait for results day and go from there
Original post by hsoras_2321
I am really anxious about my math grades, i'm not even worried about any other subject it's just maths, but your right i can't change my marks now so i might as well just chill and wait for results day and go from there

Calm, and wait until results day, then deal with it
Reply 4
would i be allowed to re sit maths if i got a 4 in gcse maths? i really need a five

Did you do the Edexcel or AQA exams for maths?
Edexcel
Original post by sara_s01
Did you do the Edexcel or AQA exams for maths?

edexcel
Reply 7
edexcel

I did really bad in maths too, hoping I scraped a 4 this time but gonna have to resit anyway cause I need a 5 or 6:frown: :s-smilie:
Just don't stress about it too much - what's done is done now. If you do want to resit, I'm sure your college/sixth form can give you beneficial advice and support on that after you get your result.

The resit dates for Edexcel are this November I think:
Paper 1 - 2nd November 2017
Paper 2 - 6th November 2017
Paper 3 - 8th November 2017

But make sure, you enjoy your summer holidays and when the time comes do better next time :smile:
I did really bad in maths too, hoping I scraped a 4 this time but gonna have to resit anyway cause I need a 5 or 6:frown: :s-smilie:
Just don't stress about it too much - what's done is done now. If you do want to resit, I'm sure your college/sixth form can give you beneficial advice and support on that after you get your result.

But make sure, you enjoy your summer holidays and when the time comes do better next time :smile:

did u do really bad too? after each paper i counted how many marks i think i definitely got and i think i defiantly got at least 60-70 marks out of 240. i've looked at predictions for grade boundaries and many people are saying this that is a high 4 or maybe just about 5 if the grade boundaries are quite low
Reply 9
did u do really bad too? after each paper i counted how many marks i think i definitely got and i think i defiantly got at least 60-70 marks out of 240. i've looked at predictions for grade boundaries and many people are saying this that is a high 4 or maybe just about 5 if the grade boundaries are quite low

Yh, after looking at the unofficial marksheme list, I think overall I got about 60-70 marks as well. Really hope its a pass at least! Praying these grade boundaries are low :frown::redface:

Thanks for the dates, I will keep it in mind, might need to re-sit too.

Yh, after looking at the unofficial marksheme list, I think overall I got about 60-70 marks as well. Really hope its a pass at least! Praying these grade boundaries are low :frown::redface:

Same overall I think I got 70 for all 3 papers. Hopefully the boundaries are low. 🙏
Reply 12
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Thanks for the dates, I will keep it in mind, might need to re-sit too.

You're welcome :smile:

same, i'm low key hoping people did bad so the grade boundaries are low and we just about scrape a 5 lol
Reply 14

dont worry grade boundary will be low and im telling you now and watch ur gonna get a grade 5
Original post by MRZ_2001
dont worry grade boundary will be low and im telling you now and watch ur gonna get a grade 5

how are you so confident that i'll defiantly get a 5?

You need at least 5 if you don't want to re-sit. This is because 5 is known as a 'good pass' which is what the government expects from students. A grade 4 is a 'pass', but you will still have to re sit.
Reply 17
Original post by Rarest
Looking at your previous threads and posts, you seem to be very uneasy about your maths grade.
You will have to wait till summer and if you got a 4, then you can ask your school for a resit. I think it varies with the school. Some schools consider 4 as a good pass.

But for now, relax a little and try to put this in the back of your mind. You have a good few weeks of summer to enjoy :smile:

Hi, I'm also in an incredibly strange situation where I can say with good certainty that I've achieved around 5 A*s in my gcses but in maths I feel like I could fail which would mean that none of my sixth forms would accept me.
Reply 18
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Same overall I think I got 70 for all 3 papers. Hopefully the boundaries are low. 🙏

After looking at the unofficial mark scheme I am also in the range of 60-70 marks and I really hope that the grade boundaries are low because otherwise I'm completely screwed.
Original post by Sean16
Hi, I'm also in an incredibly strange situation where I can say with good certainty that I've achieved around 5 A*s in my gcses but in maths I feel like I could fail which would mean that none of my sixth forms would accept me.

How many marks do you have, and what exam board?

Quick Reply

Latest