Resiting science gcse

Watch this thread
Ozkes
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone, I was just wondering how can I re-sit my Science Additional GCSE in January? Are there any colleges that would take me in? Also what colleges would take me in for GCSE Maths re-sit?
HHJ11
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I don't believe that you can resit a Science GCSE, only English Language or Maths, but you'll have to check with colleges around your area/your current school and find out more.
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ozkes)
Hi everyone, I was just wondering how can I re-sit my Science Additional GCSE in January? Are there any colleges that would take me in? Also what colleges would take me in for GCSE Maths re-sit?
You might have to sit Science GCSE as a private candidate.
Jussicah
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Most sixth forms will be able to enter you into them, I sat double science GCSE in year 13 because I needed a better grade for my uni course. You will probably have to revise on your own for them but it should be an issue just ask administration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ozkes
Rep:
(Original post by Jussicah)
Most sixth forms will be able to enter you into them, I sat double science GCSE in year 13 because I needed a better grade for my uni course. You will probably have to revise on your own for them but it should be an issue just ask administration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for replying back. Would I need to go to the college/sixth form to ask?
Jussicah
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ozkes)
Thank you for replying back. Would I need to go to the college/sixth form to ask?
Email or phone calls would probably be okay, I went to the sixth form my secondary school was part of so I knew everyone so it wasn't hard, I just had to pay for the resits. Hypothetically it shouldn't be a problem at all but it depends how arsey the colleges are tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do you want to go to lessons or just re-sit the exams?
Ozkes
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
Do you want to go to lessons or just re-sit the exams?
Just re-sit but I am planning to get one to one tuition once a week.
Ozkes
Rep:
(Original post by Jussicah)
Email or phone calls would probably be okay, I went to the sixth form my secondary school was part of so I knew everyone so it wasn't hard, I just had to pay for the resits. Hypothetically it shouldn't be a problem at all but it depends how arsey the colleges are tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about coursework? When I did my GCSE in secondary I remember I had to do experiments and coursework. Do I go to the school and do the experiments there?
Compost
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
When did you take GCSE Additional Science (and with which exam board)? Assuming you've taken the just-about-to expire specification you can carry forward the controlled assessment and just re-sit the exams.
When did you take GCSE Maths? This Summer was the last chance to re-sit the old A*-G specifications. The next opportunity to take Maths in November will only be with the new 9-1 specifications which are substantially different with quite a lot of new content to learn.

You can take them at any exam centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept you as a private candidate.
Ozkes
Rep:
When did you take GCSE Additional Science (and with which exam board)? Assuming you've taken the just-about-to expire specification you can carry forward the controlled assessment and just re-sit the exams.
When did you take GCSE Maths? This Summer was the last chance to re-sit the old A*-G specifications. The next opportunity to take Maths in November will only be with the new 9-1 specifications which are substantially different with quite a lot of new content to learn.

You can take them at any exam centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept you as a private candidate.
I took both Science and Maths in 2016. The exam board for maths was AQA and the exam board for Science was OCR. Can I "forward" my coursework for science to AQA because I've done some research and it seems like OCR doesn't do re-sits unless you've got a reason to why you failed e.g. had a terminal illness.
Compost
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ozkes)
I took both Science and Maths in 2016. The exam board for maths was AQA and the exam board for Science was OCR. Can I "forward" my coursework for science to AQA because I've done some research and it seems like OCR doesn't do re-sits unless you've got a reason to why you failed e.g. had a terminal illness.
OCR, like every other exam board, let's anyone re-sit who wants to, it is exam centres who impose conditions on their own students. You can carry forward controlled assessment and just re-sit the exams. I've never dealt with OCR GCSE Sciences but a quick look at their website suggests the last chance to re-sit these exams will be this November. If you don't take it then you would have to do the new 9-1 GCSE Sciences (which don't have any coursework) which have fairly different content.

AQA 9-1 Maths you can take in November or the Summer.
Ozkes
Rep:
OCR, like every other exam board, let's anyone re-sit who wants to, it is exam centres who impose conditions on their own students. You can carry forward controlled assessment and just re-sit the exams. I've never dealt with OCR GCSE Sciences but a quick look at their website suggests the last chance to re-sit these exams will be this November. If you don't take it then you would have to do the new 9-1 GCSE Sciences (which don't have any coursework) which have fairly different content.

AQA 9-1 Maths you can take in November or the Summer.
Thank you so much for taking your time and explaining that. Even though I did my GCSE's in 2016, can I still forward my coursework?
Compost
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ozkes)
Thank you so much for taking your time and explaining that. Even though I did my GCSE's in 2016, can I still forward my coursework?
Yes, you can carry it forward for the life of the specification (2012-2017).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (138)
29.49%
It went fairly well (223)
47.65%
It didn't go too well (68)
14.53%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.33%

Watched Threads