Turn on thread page Beta

do you hate texting? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I do so much, girls take like a day to text back and you get all geeky like "omg why hasnt she texted back.. maybe she doesnt like me", and get a magnifying glass and analyse everything she says

and then you have "text could not be sent" or something
    and you only get half of it

or you don't know if they get it and if it has gotten through.

talking on the phone or in real life is 3000% times better, anyone agree?

ffs--server messed up and my poll has disappeared? anyone know how to make a poll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I do so much, girls take like a day to text back and you get all geeky like "omg why hasnt she texted back.. maybe she doesnt like me", and get a magnifying glass and analyse everything she says
    Haha Girls are so good at getting guys to think about them

I hate texting, but only cos I don't like my phone which has really awful keys :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Texts are handy for me because I'm on an expensive tariff at the moment and I'm skint as I've been unemployed for over a year now for various reasons. So I use O2 for free SMS on their website. But I do hear you about its current state of affairs. It's not always convenient to phone from my house phone, because although I can use it, I don't want people knowing and using the home number as I have my own etc.

ReputationRep:
    My text messages tend to turn into mini-essays. Sort of defeats the object.

ReputationRep:
    I like text messages because they are quitee impersonal - I amoften too shy to talk on the phone but don't mind texting.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I like text messages because they are quitee impersonal - I amoften too shy to talk on the phone but don't mind texting.

MB
    bad bad bad bad bad.
    don't be shy!

ReputationRep:
    I amoften too shy to talk on the phone
    Why? j/w

ReputationRep:
    i have to admit sumtimes i just cannot be arsed to text ppl back! im so cruel mwah ha ha
    its just easier to pick up the fone n tell them to leave you alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

and then you have "text could not be sent" or something
    and you only get half of it

or you don't know if they get it and if it has gotten through.

talking on the phone or in real life is 3000% times better, anyone agree?

ffs--server messed up and my poll has disappeared? anyone know how to make a poll?
    i hate texting only cos i;'m soooo bad at it! it tkes me agees to write something.......thanx to the confusing buttons on my phone!

ReputationRep:

MB
    me tooo! i have the same problem!.......i never know wot to say on the phone!...... wen ever my mates ring me i always try to make an excuse to put the phone down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    me tooo! i have the same problem!.......i never know wot to say on the phone!...... wen ever my mates ring me i always try to make an excuse to put the phone down!

jus talk about anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)

jus talk about anything!
    i'm a quiet person......i hardly ever talk!.......that's why everyone thinks i'm to boring to be stuck in a lift with!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer texting to phoning, especially with close friends, I spent nearly 4 hours on the phone to my girlfriend a few nights back...she was in Berlin. Don't ask me how much it cost. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    I prefer texting to phoning, especially with close friends, I spent nearly 4 hours on the phone to my girlfriend a few nights back...she was in Berlin. Don't ask me how much it cost. :eek:
    how much did it cost?!? :rolleyes: ....sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    how much did it cost?!? :rolleyes: ....sorry!
    I'll let you know when I get my bill in a few days.

ReputationRep:
    i also dont like texting! but its coz u never know what exactly the person is saying sometimes, i usuallly alawys call my friends.
    i only text guys coz my parents would freak if they knew i speak to guys on the fone, when i text they dont know who im texting and its better that way!
    otherwise id rather call or speak to face to face!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i also dont like texting! but its coz u never know what exactly the person is saying sometimes, i usuallly alawys call my friends.
    i only text guys coz my parents would freak if they knew i speak to guys on the fone, when i text they dont know who im texting and its better that way!
    otherwise id rather call or speak to face to face!
    aren't allowed to talk to boys?

ReputationRep:
    what are the best phones for texting by the way? im considering getting a new contract phone, but ot sure whether to go for the newer uglier nokias (RIP 7250i ) because they are so damn easy to use, or whether to go for the swish samsung one...ive got a crappy samsung at the mo and it's a bugger to text on. and seeingas my contract will give me 500 free texts, thats what i'll be doing rather than phoning people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    aren't allowed to talk to boys?
    i am. but what do i have to tell them after school etc?.. but id like u to go tell my parents what we talk about! complicated process, jus thank god u aint me!
    like when i txt my boyfriend, if i called him, they might think oh he might be her boyfriend ( im not allowed to date! ) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i am. but what do i have to tell them after school etc?.. but id like u to go tell my parents what we talk about! complicated process, jus thank god u aint me!
    like when i txt my boyfriend, if i called him, they might think oh he might be her boyfriend ( im not allowed to date! ) :rolleyes:
    oh.....a bit like my parents i have to say......i can talk to boys about school work....but no gossip or getting close!....it's annoying sometimes!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.