The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Formica
How about I mention that my school offers it, but say in the "General - Is there anything else not already on your application that you would like us to know" section that I'm not planning on taking it?
I would ask how I should word that bit to make it clear it's not a bad aspect of me, but that's setting off 'you're worring too much - they probably don't care' alarms. :p:

There's no point putting it doen, and it may cause severe embaressment, please leave it out? Please? :smile:
Reply 21
ukebert
There's no point putting it doen, and it may cause severe embaressment, please leave it out? Please? :smile:

:eek: I sent it off a few minutes ago! By the details of 'once fortnight hourly lessons etc.' I put '-although I'm not planning on doing STEP'.

Too late :biggrin:
Reply 22
Well, if you put it down right beside the comment then it probably won't matter :smile: Don't worry then.
Formica
I thought you sent it in the mail.

yes, I did. But you can probably scan it in and send it as well.
Eep. My answers don't fit in the tiny boxes. Even if I write really tiny :frown:. Any advice? Can I attatch extra paper?
I want to to send it tomorrow...

(King's SAQ btw).
Reply 25
lucygettings
Eep. My answers don't fit in the tiny boxes. Even if I write really tiny :frown:. Any advice? Can I attatch extra paper?
I want to to send it tomorrow...

(King's SAQ btw).

Which answers? And when's your due date?
1.1 What aspects of the course at Cambridge attracted you to apply here
and
3.2 How have you kept up your interest in the subject for which you have applied, outside your A-level or equivalent work?

Due on 12th November.

I think I'll just continue on a few lines of A4...
Reply 27
Hmm, you should ask your college. I'm applying for Newnham, I've been allowed to attach an extra piece of paper (written on Word). I'm studying 10-11 subjects right now, so there simply aren't enough boxes for me on the "main topics"-section!

Oh, and I'm not taking A-levels (I'm not from the UK).
How specific should i be in the "AREAS OF SPECIFIC INTEREST" section of my Queens' SAQ.. Im applying for biological NatSci. Is "Genetics" or "Anthropology" too vague..? if so, how specific should i be..
Reply 29
willgittens
How specific should i be in the "AREAS OF SPECIFIC INTEREST" section of my Queens' SAQ.. Im applying for biological NatSci. Is "Genetics" or "Anthropology" too vague..? if so, how specific should i be..

I wouldn't say they're too vague - about right really. Just be prepared to answer questions on them if you get interviewed.
Reply 30
Yeah I've applied to Queens' for engineering. I have to put down three areas of specific interest in physics.

Any prior engineers or natsci's here who had to do that? What did you put? and did you have a very advanced knowledge of it? Do they expect you to know to a very high level?
Speaking to others that applied to cambridge they don't have to put down three topics to talk about, only know one person who had to circle one of about 10 choices when applying to emma.

I really don't like this idea much as I expect they'd quiz the topic to a very high level. I also have no real idea what to put. Superconductivity will be one as I'm doing an indepth-ish research coursework on it now. Other things I don't really know to any sort of advanced understanding.
Potentially being very blind here...I'm applying to St Johns for VetMed, and while there's a sheet of tutors and their secreteries the SAQ is to be sent to, I can't find the full address anywhere...what dod you send it to??? THe college address?
Reply 32
Potentially being very blind here...I'm applying to St Johns for VetMed, and while there's a sheet of tutors and their secreteries the SAQ is to be sent to, I can't find the full address anywhere...what dod you send it to??? THe college address?

I'm not applying to St Johns but I'm going to send mine to the Admissions Office at my college. Maybe you should ask around in the St Johns forum and see if they know? If I were you, I'd probably address it to "Admissions Office" and then the address (though I'm not sure).
Reply 33
Yep, just address it to the admissions office. Find the address for the college from John's website.
How specific should i be in the "AREAS OF SPECIFIC INTEREST" section of my Queens' SAQ

I'm applying for Mod Langs at Queens' and I am also unsure of what they mean by 'areas of specific interest'. I don't know much about much really - can someone give examples of what they put?
Reply 35
Nobody knows much about much :smile: Just put what areas of the course you think you might find interesting.
Reply 36
might seem like a really stupid question to ask, however considering I'm applying for economics without having done further maths (don't ask why, too complicated), I thought maybe I could just mention that I was in the top-3 of my school in the senior maths challenge? or does that look bad, along the lines that I didn't write "I was the best, numbero uno etc", considering my school isn't soooo big?! might seem like a trivial question to ask, I'm just curious to find out about your opinions.
Reply 37
Hmm, I would be hesitant about mentioning the Maths challenge anyway, and I think that you would be right in also hesitating about "I was the best in such and such" as well.
I haven't recieved a SAQ.

Oh gosh.
Reply 39
I haven't recieved one either... I can't figure out if it's only us or whether it's the college (New Hall). I'm panicking, lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending