The Student Room Group

Depressed

I Hate my life so much, my parents and siblings treat me so bad, I'm a 18 year old boy, I'm not even a bad kid or anything, I do well in school I don't do drugs or hang out late or anything and still I just get treated like ****. I'm barely allowed any money, I always get called names for being fat and I'm emotionally abused everyday, I've already been diagnosed with depression but I haven't even told anyone about this, I feel like one day I'm just gonna run away and hurt myself.
Reply 1
Have you ever tried meditation? It might calm you down a bit. Remember when things are not going great, if you chant "om" in your mind, it will calm you down. Om is the primal sound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om
Reply 2
Original post by jhgjhgg
Have you ever tried meditation? It might calm you down a bit. Remember when things are not going great, if you chant "om" in your mind, it will calm you down. Aum is the primal sound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om

I don't feel like meditation will help me even though I've never tried it, my medications sort of give me a state where I don't care about anything but even then it's too much for me to handle sometimes :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I don't feel like meditation will help me even though I've never tried it, my medications sort of give me a state where I don't care about anything but even then it's too much for me to handle sometimes :frown:

What medication are you on? Fluoxetine? Sertraline? Sorry I worked in a pharmacy a while back so I know all the drugs in the world, haha.

I do think you should try it out, the hare krishna mantra is very powerful as well. Here is a link to it....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Krishna_(mantra)

The whole point is to calm you down, so you think more rationally and slowly. Put the medications down for a side and try out some meditation. When you feel you get angry, just close your eyes, breath in and out deeply and slowly and in your mind repeat, "om, om, om".
Your 18 just leave, they can't stop you. Get a job, get an apartment, carry on studying if you want to. You don't need to be around people who don't treat you right, doesn't matter if they're your family.
Reply 5
Original post by jhgjhgg
What medication are you on? Fluoxetine? Sertraline? Sorry I worked in a pharmacy a while back so I know all the drugs in the world, haha.

I do think you should try it out, the hare krishna mantra is very powerful as well. Here is a link to it....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Krishna_(mantra)

The whole point is to calm you down, so you think more rationally and slowly. Put the medications down for a side and try out some meditation. When you feel you get angry, just close your eyes, breath in and out deeply and slowly and in your mind repeat, "om, om, om".

I'm on sertraline 100mg atm, I know how bad medications are and I really wanna stop taking them but I feel like the put a bubble around my feelings which makes me half happy most times, I've tried just laying down and losing my eyes whenever I'm stressed or something but usually my mind just drifts away and I start to think about other things that make me more sad
Reply 6
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Your 18 just leave, they can't stop you. Get a job, get an apartment, carry on studying if you want to. You don't need to be around people who don't treat you right, doesn't matter if they're your family.

I'm hoping to go to university in September but what then, what if I run out of money? What if I can't find a job? Only reason I'm putting up with this abuse is because I don't wanna end up on the streets
Reply 7
I'm on sertraline 100mg atm, I know how bad medications are and I really wanna stop taking them but I feel like the put a bubble around my feelings which makes me half happy most times, I've tried just laying down and losing my eyes whenever I'm stressed or something but usually my mind just drifts away and I start to think about other things that make me more sad

If you want you can try to go without the medication, I've never liked these anti-depressants, all they do is stop you thinking.

You need to do things that make you happy, find a topic you are obsessed about and either study it/ do it or teach it. It will keep your mind occupied and stop you having negative thoughts. When you do have negative thoughts, it's best to take a step back and meditate for a bit.

100% of problems have a solution, the best thing you can do is talk. Don't hold anything in and don't let anyone put you down. These people that put you down are usually very angry themselves, we need to be calm, not follow in their footsteps.

You are young as well, a long happy life ahead, do something in life you are passionate about. Warren Buffett, legendary investor would say......

"take the job you would take if you were independently wealthy, you will tap dance to work then"
Reply 8
Physical abuse now...
Have you tried making a change yourself? I know its not easy and you probably don't want to as it feels like giving in. But if all else fails lose the weight and counter everything they throw at you. At times meds can only get you so far and if you're not careful you can get hooked.

Don't let them destroy your life, from what i've read you can real far in life but only if you take control
oh dear, i'm really sorry to hear this..</3
Have you tried making a change yourself? I know its not easy and you probably don't want to as it feels like giving in. But if all else fails lose the weight and counter everything they throw at you. At times meds can only get you so far and if you're not careful you can get hooked.

Don't let them destroy your life, from what i've read you can real far in life but only if you take control

Yes I understand what you're getting at, I am planning to, my exams are nearly finished. Hopefully i wanna start going to the gym and also try to find a job so i can just get out of the house as much as possible and when i get home I'll literally just play games or watch movies in my room until i go to bed and just repeat it all again until september, fingers crossed i get into the uni wanna go to and I'll start a whole new life there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending