Can you make someone commit suicide??

Watch this thread
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Recently in the States a 17 year old girl was found guilty of making her ex boyfriend commit suicide after encouraging his suicidal thoughts and telling him to kill himself repeatedly. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely vile, disgusting, and shocking. She should definitely be punished in some way, but I'm not sure if I think she should be held responsible for his suicide. I mean, can you really make someone kill themselves?
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Recently in the States a 17 year old girl was found guilty of making her ex boyfriend commit suicide after encouraging his suicidal thoughts and telling him to kill himself repeatedly. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely vile, disgusting, and shocking. She should definitely be punished in some way, but I'm not sure if I think she should be held responsible for his suicide. I mean, can you really make someone kill themselves?
I'd say it's manslaughter. If she wasn't present in his life, he would no doubt be still alive today. She should be held accountable imo.
Veil Fail
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Anyone who's in my vicinity when I fart will want to commit suicide
teenhorrorstory
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ash8991)
I'd say it's manslaughter. If she wasn't present in his life, he would no doubt be still alive today. She should be held accountable imo.
I don't think that's a very good way of establishing accountability
username3006294
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I read this story! She should totally go down for it; if you read all the messages in the article he didn't seem all too keen on the idea and she seemed to do a lot of persuading..
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Yes ofc you can influence someone to commit suicide, especially if they are depressed abused or otherwise mentally vulnerable. Why is that such a difficult thing to understand.

Its already a crime.in the UK. the fact the DPP's consent is required points towards it being thoroughly checked to ensure it merited legal action.

[*]A person commits an offence under section 2 of the Suicide Act 1961 if he or she does an act capable of encouraging or assisting the suicide or attempted suicide of another person, and that act was intended to encourage or assist suicide or an attempt at suicide. This offence is referred to in this policy as "encouraging or assisting suicide". The consent of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) is required before an individual may be prosecuted.

[*]The offence of encouraging or assisting suicide carries a maximum penalty of 14 years' imprisonment. This reflects the seriousness of the offence.
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
She was aware of his impending doom, was easily able to stop it in multiple ways but instead did nothing of the sort, even egging him on and telling him to keep going.

Definitely accountable.
Somepersonhere
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yes, religion does it all the time.

*oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh*
frostfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I remember reading something like this... wasn't this article written quite a while ago?
Jughead's Hat
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In this instance, I'd definitely say yes.

From what I've read about it, he actually got out of the car at one point and expressed his hesitance about it. She told him to get back in the damn car.

If she hadn't done that, there's a fair chance he'd still be with us today, I'd say.
Kaneki Ken
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jughead's Hat)

From what I've read about it, he actually got out of the car at one point and expressed his hesitance about it. She told him to get back in the damn car.

If she hadn't done that, there's a fair chance he'd still be with us today, I'd say.
we can all reley on Jughead to say the right thing bout a murder case!!!!!!

but yea, i read bout this case even b4 he went to the car to kill himself she actually told him at one point during the planning of this suicide that he has to kill himself so he can be free and happy and to stop being afraid n at,

Also even she knew what she was doing was wrong because she even told him to delete their convos, but he died b4 he got to so....
shadowdweller
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jughead's Hat)

I'd agree with this, it wasn't even through her inaction that it happened, which would have been bad enough, but she actually encouraged him to do it, and pushed him to continue when he expressed misgivings about it. Definitely should be held accountable, and it's definitely her fault, in my opinion.
SmileyVibe
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Uh yeah. If a person is suicidal and you told to commit suicide you just aided them in committing suicide. And even if you didn't directly/physically helped ended their life, it is the same thing as encouraging them to do it.
username1942323
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
when you're suicidal, the only thing stopping you is the consequences it can have on others. someone telling you to commit suicide is only gonna prove that YES INDEED they dont care. So die or live is the same thing to them. And because you have enough of your ****y life, you give up and kill yourself.
Believe it or not, the hospital's made me suicidal EVEN MORE.
how helpful
so unwanted
LDNThing95
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
CIA do mind control for a past time. Nearly all our PM's were either under mind control or blackmailed.
username3440694
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
you can TELL someone to kill themselves but suicide is always a choice made by the individual. of course, people can play a part in it but suicide is suicide, not murder for a reason.
username1942323
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shai01)
you can TELL someone to kill themselves but suicide is always a choice made by the individual. of course, people can play a part in it but suicide is suicide, not murder for a reason.
that choice is greatly influenced if you tell them to kill themselves thought...
username3440694
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
exactly, its influenced but they don't force you, thats my point
(Original post by KittenMediaya)
that choice is greatly influenced if you tell them to kill themselves thought...
username1942323
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shai01)
exactly, its influenced but they don't force you, thats my point
I know what you mean but THEY feel forced because this person has said ygm?
IDK how to explain from their perspective :/
loveleest
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
There is no such thing as thing and it isn't in the law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads