nottshistpol1821
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Want to apply for History and Politics (joint honours) but have been told to look at History and Social Policy too. Anyone studying it or applying for social policy know what the differences are? Thanks
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by catherineoxley12)
Want to apply for History and Politics (joint honours) but have been told to look at History and Social Policy too. Anyone studying it or applying for social policy know what the differences are? Thanks
Having never studied either I can't give you a detailed answer, but it is my understanding that Social Policy is more technical and narrower than Politics. Social Policy examines why and how government policies are formulated and implemented, and how effective they are in dealing with issues like crime, poverty, health etc. If you are interested in studying disability benefits and their eligibility conditions or the different types of health provision (private vs public) etc in excruciating detail then social policy may be for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads